Monday, October 09, 2006

I hate mondays.

And I cant figure out how to keep this from underlining! Its too early for this.

My mom isa home from the hospital. She is furious with dad for saying that she falls down alot. BUT he says he did not tell anyone that and was right there when SHE told the doctor herself she falls. She is full of crazy talk. She insisted she needed to go home because dad has surgery this week. His lung biopsy is scheduled for NEXT week. Anyway, I hope mom starts eating right, i think that was part of her problem. She just wont eat. *sigh*. I never thought this day would would come when my parents are failing like this, its difficult. Especially since I live far away from them.

Thank goodness last night was the Canadian's last night shift until next week. I do ok without him here but life is way better when he is here.

OH I bought some cheap speakers from CVS for my MP3 player and they work!! Yeah! So I have been listening to tunes at work. I promised my co worker I would update the music though, she laughed when she heard I had Thriller and Billy Jean on there. Now, I know MJ is very bizarre these days and acts/looks like a freak but in his day he made the best music! But I took it off for her.

OK off to face this day.


8 Comments:

Blogger poody said...

I love Thriller sis! Sounds like your Mon could use some home health. Maybe a physical therapist to eval. the home for safety and to teach her some home exercises to do before getting up for the day. It is so hard when the caregiver needs the care huh?

10:52 AM  
Blogger MommaMonkey said...

Glad your mom is out of the hospital.

I was thinking about you today as I was driving. I thought, "Oh, it's Monday. Mel HATES Mondays."

Look at the bright side, tonorrow is Tuesday!

6:36 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Mel,
you're my favorite too!!
(don't tell Teri & Zed)

that's why
I'm voting for you
=)

9:03 PM  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

Glad your mom is out of the hospital. Poody had some good suggestions of a home health aide - perhaps after your dad's surgery it would be helpful to have them stop by and make sure they are eating etc. Keeping you in our thoughts...

9:59 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Thanks for the vote Jen! Yeah I a fav too!

Monday
wasnt too bad but I have a feeling tomorrow will be a doozy.

Poody thats a good idea but geez my mom is resistant to those suggestions! She is stubborn as a mule. Not like me :)

I love billy Jean its one of my favorite songs!

Thanks for thinking of me Blazer!

10:19 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

Hope you do the Thriller dance at work for them too.

Hope things work out okay with the parents. That must be rough.

10:26 PM  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

I have Thriller on my eight year old MP3 player. I also have Cliff Richard, the Missa Luba and Tangerine Dream.
Glad your speakers work!
Please pass my regards to your parents.

8:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mel, you're one of my favorites too...
But you're driving me crazy with the underlines. Enough already! :)

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home