Friday, January 11, 2008

Friday Field trip time!

Today I take you to my work again. I work in a downtown area in a small town, but like all downtown areas, the buildings are pretty old, so there usually is always a renovation going on. The first picture I took on a Friday afternoon when I left work.

Isn't that lovely?? I was a bit confused as to why this was outside, but hey I don't question things. We do have several homeless people that hang out downtown, I hope they don't mistake this for a working toilet!

Then the following Monday I pulled into our parking lot and found this scene:


The toilet is still there, you just cant see it. They completely gutted this place, it must have been in bad shape! I don't think you can see the yellow "crime scene" tape but they have blocked off the parking spaces on that whole side, even the handicapped ones! We are not happy campers at work because of the parking situation. Parking like in most downtown areas is not the best. There are just not enough spaces, and its worse now. I have been taking my lunch so I don't have to leave at lunch since chances are slim to none there will be a space when I get back.
Anyway, I just thought I would share these truly scenic pics. :)

later


9 Comments:

Blogger Sushiboy said...

Well at least it's Friday! Two days of parking freedom!

6:20 PM  
Blogger Cupcake Blonde said...

Man and I thought the neighborhood I worked in was bad...what with the cemetary across the street where the drug deals go down and the army of homeless up the street.

7:11 PM  
Blogger Angel said...

I wanna live in a cute little place with a nice downtown area....like in "sleeping With The enemy".....have you seen that movie? I love that house that Julia roberts rents too....right up my alley.....without the creepy husband, of course.

10:41 AM  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

Too late...

7:43 PM  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

I'm thinking that working in the middle of a corn field is not such a bad thing, except for the whole children of the corn nightmare thing.

10:33 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

This may be the most beautiful field trip ever.

1:24 PM  
Blogger Christo Gonzales said...

when were you in MY hood...?

6:45 PM  
Blogger buffalodick said...

I work at a place at the end of the "Demilitarized Zone"! An old industrialized area of town, where industry moved out 20yrs ago. People put stuff out to the curb, and waste disposal trucks don't even get a shot at it!

8:44 PM  
Blogger MommaMonkey said...

The demolition part always goes faster than the fixin'-up part. Hope you're not looking at that toilet for a year.

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home