Monday, June 05, 2006


The Devil in SC does not wear Prada, not even close!


I try not to post about my work issues much, simply because I am paranoid. As much as I complain about my job I need it dammit. But I am in a bitching mood today. I woke up this morning with the Big D. I was nauseous and my stomach was turning itself over in knots. I felt awful. I think I ate some bad tuna last night, I am not sure what was the culprit. Anyway, I call my boss at home at 6:30 and told her I would be late, and I may not be in at all. I went back to sleep but was just as sick when I woke back up at 8:30. I showered and got ready but was still feeling bad so I called and she told me to stay at home, they didn't need me. But then she tells me that this would have to be day off this week and I had to work Wends. (I am part time now but still work 4 days a week). I said ok but later I thought about it and it pissed me off. I have sick time I am entitled to and I lose my day off because I am sick? She just told me not to come in because they were not busy. It made me mad, I think she just did it because she was mad I got to go part time and keep my health insurance after she pretty much told me I wouldn't be able to. The joke I guess is on her. They told me to schedule my doctors appointments on my days off and I have one wendsday morning I am not missing so I will be late LOL. I forgot about it until this afternoon. Haha.

The pic is Meryl Streep in the Devil wears Prada. The movie comes out next year I think. I read that book, I am looking forward to the movie. My boss is not nearly as bad the Prada boss but I hope she doesn"t read the book to get new ideas.

Later

6 Comments:

Blogger kattbanjo said...

I loved that book! It was great read. I am also looking forward to the movie. Your boss is cranky, you should enjoy telling her youcan't work wednesday, try not to gloat!

7:41 AM  
Blogger Spider Walk said...

Hope you're feeling better today Mel. Your boss sure is a biach isn't she? If you got sick from eating bad tuna you are going to be going D for a LONNNGGGG time. I hope it was something else.

8:38 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

What a biatch!! Hope your feeling better soon. :)

9:55 AM  
Blogger Gingers Mom said...

Your boss sounds like a real gem! I loved that book and can't wait for the movie.

12:02 PM  
Blogger dixiedarling said...

Hope you are feeling better.

3:23 PM  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

Hope you are feeling better. Boss' can be such a PIA.

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home