Thursday, May 25, 2006


Irresponsible dog owners...

are everywhere. There are awful people that own puppy mills, but I am not talking about them. OK, there is a lady I know. She has a toy breed of dog, and she decided to mate her toy breed and raise her some puppies. OK...this happens all the time...puppies are born all the time, so why does this bother me? She gave the reason for deciding to have puppies is she has a young son and she wanted him to be able to experience the wonder of birth. WTF? She is not thinking of the dog at all! I am sure she has thought of the money she can make from pure bred puppies too. This really really bothers me. Maybe it shouldnt I dont know. But I do know this about toy breeds...they dont give birth as easy has larger breed sturdier dogs. This is why reputable breeders will chose larger toy females to breed because they can handle it better. Toy breeds sometimes have difficult and problem delieveries, this is why ONLY people that know what they are doing should breed these dogs. Anyway, her dog gave birth to 4 puppies, one of which died. She has not taken them to a vet, and she says the mother is a bad mother because she cant sit still to nurse. Maybe she cant sit still because she is bleeding inside or there was some complication that they cant see and she is in pain??

I am just venting I guess the pups will be fine and the mom will be fine and life goes on huh? But if your dog is a pet, dont try to breed it just get it spayed or neutered. You want a puppy? There are hundred of rescue pure breed animals out there, check with local adoption groups or Petfinders.com. Please?

Later


13 Comments:

Blogger keeks said...

Lovely, now her kids can experience the miracle of birth and the heartbreak of death.

10:33 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

That is a lovely gardenia bush in your last post. If you get tired of it, did it up and send it to me. :)

BTW, I agree with you on the breeding thing.

10:40 PM  
Blogger Spider Walk said...

I agree! That poor mommy. Why people won't take responsibility and get their pets medical attention is beyond me. I hope the pups and mom are going to be alright.

5:32 AM  
Blogger kattbanjo said...

I agree. Had fat mollie the wondermutt spayed as soon as she was right age. Had myself spayed too, just for good measure. (sorry about that overshare!)

8:15 AM  
Blogger S* said...

I think there's a video called "The Wonder of Birth". Get a video or a book to teach your son, don't breed dogs irresponsibly. I CANNOT believe she hasn't taken them to the vet. What if something is wrong with the Mom? Geesh.

On another note, have a wonderful 3-day weekend!

2:04 PM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

This bugs me too!

It's already been drilled into my kid's head that any animal they/we adopt is coming from a shelter or society that specializes in rescuing unwanted pets.NO EXCEPTIONS.
lol,I feel strongly about this.

That woman needs to be put to sleep,in my opinion.

4:53 PM  
Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

Ugh. Too bad the Vet can't determine negligence on the part of this woman, sieze the puppies, and adopt 'em out.

12:06 AM  
Blogger kimber said...

There are so many good dogs in shelters that need loving homes... I love dogs, but stories like this make me dispise people.

3:25 AM  
Blogger Josh said...

Hope they are kokay. I get what you are talking about.

What breed are they?

3:21 PM  
Blogger Me said...

AMEN!!!!

I really have to watch my mouth because I get so upset really about anyone breeding dogs. Just go work at an animal shelter for a day and maybe they would change their mind?

6:21 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Liz, they are pomeranians, I am not sure how to spell that LOL

9:12 PM  
Blogger nicki said...

grrrrrrrrr...i hate hearing stuff like that :( i hope the rest of the puppies are ok.

8:38 AM  
Blogger Big Pissy said...

awwwwwwwww......poor babies!

Some people just don't think! :(

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home