Thursday, November 16, 2006


And now for something completely different.....

My dad has decided to have the surgery after all. The surgeon convinced him, it seems like the spot in one area and has not spread. They will just take out part of the lung, not all of it. The doctor seems so certain he will get it he says dad wont need Chemo or radiation after. He said he has a 35% chance of survival without the surgery and a 60% chance with it. They wont touch the trachea which dad was concerned about. Now I know very little about this surgery so I will read up this weekend I guess. The surgeon is the head of surgery at this VA hospital so he has to be good right?? I hope he doesn't have a hand tremor like Burke on Greys! So I guess the moral of this story is DON'T SMOKE! Don't start and if you do try to quit, I know its hard, but try. My dad has not had a cigarette in 26 years but he smoked for about 30 years. I know non smokers get this too but why increase your chances?

In other news my co worker is driving me crazy. She hovers over my desk and straightens my papers. This is not new but it just starting getting on my nerves. She keeps eating my snacks too. And even worse, she talks to me a lot. I am not used to that, everyone there knows I like my solitude. But she is good at the work and very helpful, so I feel bad that she gets on my nerves. Some days I just don't want be talked to, ya know?

Later

7 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

Ugh, I would be highly annoyed. I like my space!

8:40 AM  
Blogger fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Just to let you know, my mom had a similar surgery in that they removed one lobe from her left lung, and had to have no chemo. She is doing well after 3 years and her x-ray Tuesday showed no problems.

She is coughing a lot but the doctor says it's because her esophagus is bending toward her lung and touching it. Never heard of this, and will investigate, but apparently if it gets worse they will have to operate again.

I think you and your dad will be glad he is having the procedure done. Every extra moment we have with each other is worth all the pain.

10:12 AM  
Blogger nicki said...

ugh to sucky co-workers..lol..I'm glad that things are going forward with your dad..i'm still sending lots of good esp to you all :)

*hugs*

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If the surgeon's the head of surgery, I'd think he is pretty good, no? I think so. And he sounds very encouraging--that's good! Wishing the best for your dad...

As for your coworker, every time she starts talking, don't say a word, smile at her, pick yourself up, and move away and work someplace else but within her vision.
Come back to your desk 10 minutes later. If she starts again, smile and move away again. I don't think it will take long for her to get it. Unless she's particularly dumb, in which case, you're going to have to get another job. :)

12:49 PM  
Blogger Tai said...

Ugh! Getta outta my face!

(Yeah...smokin'. I'm so glad I quit and I wish your dad well)

3:58 PM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Haa I feel like that every day;p

I'm glad your dad opted for the surgery and I'll be thinking of him!

10:39 PM  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

When I worked for a living, I adopted the hat strategy. I made it known that when I was wearing the red hat, I was not to be disturbed. It did work. If anyone approached I just pointed to the hat on my head.
They all thought I was mad.
They were right.

Thinking of you both.

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home