Monday, November 06, 2006


Like a roller coaster baby baby..

I kinda feel like I have been on roller coaster emotional ride this weekend. I had a blast with my friends, and really overdid it to the point that I am in so much pain this morning! It was worth it though.

The big news is my Dad has decided not to have the surgery. He had several tests last week to see if he can handle the surgery and it was the stress test that decided it. He has a bad heart too (triple bypass and various stents and balloons) and he said it was bad. So bad that he decided no more. He wouldn't even talk to me, he thought I would be mad at him. But I told him it was his decision not mine and I would support him 100%. He said he needed to hear that. I feel like my thoughts on the matter are fueled strictly by selfishness, I want him to fight to stay with me longer but that's what I want and I am not the one going through what he is. This cancer shit is hard core on your emotions.

My daughter called me yesterday, so hysterical I thought someone had died! Turns out her and the boyfriend had a huge fight. I have never heard her quite like that, and never over a boy. I felt so bad for her! I remember feeling like that, my boyfriend all through high school dumped me in my first year of college, about the same age she is now. I remember going into to the shower to cry because my roommate (hated her) told me she was sick of my sniveling. Anyway, I would have loved to take her pain away but all I could do was listen.

Last night was hubbys last night for a week, he'll be off a few days and then on days. I hate it when he is on nights! Anyway, its back to work for me! I have to pay for all the shopping I did LOL

OH I bought that skull lantern on sale at Kirklands for $1.50!!!! Its so cool looking! I love a bargain!

Later

11 Comments:

Blogger poody said...

Love the lantern,love Kirkland's it smeels so good in there! Love you!

11:03 AM  
Blogger X said...

I hope everything works out for the best with your dad. And about getting emotional over boys....lol, been there done that. And sometimes you even surprise yourself by getting emotional over them when you get over. Sigh! :)

12:17 PM  
Blogger MommaMonkey said...

Glad you had fun over the weekend.

I keep praying for your dad. And I hope your daughter and her bf kiss and make up. Poor girl.

1:48 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

Well, it is good he had the stress test. If that didn't go well, a major surgery like that could be very hard on him. One of my husband's coworkers only has one lung, and has to carry a tank everywhere with him.

The best you can do is support your mom and dad. Your mom is going to need you, even though your dad is ill. I wish you all the best.

As for your daughter, at least she knew who to call. It is hard trying to find that right guy, espeically in high school! :)

1:53 PM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Boys stink.
I hope your girl feels better today:)

Wow,I'm sorry about your dad.
I think you're a pretty great daughter for putting aside your own feelings like that. I can only
imagine how hard that was.

That's a cool lantern. Great deal too! My hubby collects skulls...

2:02 PM  
Blogger fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Sometimes the cure is worst than the disease!

My dad had bladder cancer about the same time Hubert Humphrey did...dad elected not to "carry a bag around" and Hubert did. I think Hubert lived 1 year long. So, which would you rather do?

5:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool lantern!!!

Sorry to hear about your dad.

And, I also remember being so emotional about boys. Soooo glad that is over!

8:43 PM  
Blogger Teena in Toronto said...

Glad to hear you had a good time this weekend! Sounds like you needed it.

9:10 PM  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

Boys can be such idiots... I remember being in your daughters shoes...so glad I'm not there anymore. Remind her that boys do grow up - and get smarter.

Keeping your Dad in my thoughts and prayers. Big hugs to you - it's hard to accept sometimes, but maybe they will be able to keep him comfortable, and he will enjoy the time he has left. Remember:

Live, Laugh, and Love

(often)

Hugs -

10:13 PM  
Blogger Spider Girl said...

I wish your dad the best. It's hard not to feel stressed when someone you love has such major health issues.

10:15 PM  
Blogger the not so "new" mom on the blog said...

The lantern is really cool! I really hope everything works out for your dad and your family! Teenage love dissapointments - I think we have all been there in some part of our lives when we were younger! Take Care and look after yourself!

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home