Wednesday, November 08, 2006


Toes
There you have it the requested picture of my toes. The polish doesnt show up well in any of the pictures I took, I really dont know why. But they are Fabulous, just take my word on it LOL. It was warm enough I wore sandals today to the doctor so everyone could bask in the fabulousness. You see how hard it was to get a good picture, Wylie for some reason just loves licking my toes. I hate it! hehe, it looks like she is biting my toe! Naw she is just being silly.

Biopsy results show my fine nerves are just shot to pieces, thus all the pain. The good news I dont have amyliodous (I have no idea how to spell that) so this wont kill me. The bad news is, there is really not much treatment other than the Gammo treatments and they did not help. So we are going to try a few things, Magnesuim and light treatments. if those dont help there are some drugs he can try along with the Neurontin. He gave me a prescription for one of those walkers with a seat, I am going to wait on bit on that. The walker itself I dont need but the seat for standing in lines since I cant stand for any period of time. I asked him if I would end up in a wheelchair and he said he didnt know. He had a pt who had the same thing and he sent him to him to the mayo clinic and to emory and nothing really helped so he doesnt feel that referring me there would help. SO. Not much has changed, I am in incredible pain every day and can't do alot but hey, I am not dying so thats a good thing. Basically its an auto immune thing.

Anyway I have coupons to cut before grocery shopping. I know, the sheer excitement of my life is making you jealous isnt it???

Later


8 Comments:

Blogger Mz.Elle said...

I for one am totally jealous because yesterday I was shredding seven years worth of personal papers,ugh.
lol

I'm glad you're not dying but am sorry you're in so much pain.
I really hope those options help you. Chronic pain sucks!
If you do get one of those walkers we can all send you stickers and graphics to pimp your ride!
Love the toes;)
I have polish like that too.

2:27 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

I hope you feel better soon. It isn't fun to be in pain.

Gee, I wonder why you are stressed!?!? =)

3:13 PM  
Blogger fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

I knew you would get good news.

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

pedicures are awesome. Lookin' good!

It must be so frustrating to not know what is up. I'm sorry you're in so much pain.

You'll just have to get more pedicures!!

8:00 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

Your toes look glittery and shiny. Well, not your toes. Just your toenails. :)

Hope you feel better soon.

9:02 PM  
Blogger MommaMonkey said...

Your toes look great! How nice you got wear sandals today!

I'm so sorry to hear that there is not much they can do for your pain. Hopefully one of the treatments will work a miracle!

10:05 PM  
Blogger poody said...

What about Lyrica? It is fairly new and some of my diabetic pts. love it. I have a friend who has similiar symptoms but he has a rare form of it called tranverse mylosis. He was told he would be bedbound for the rest of his life...not so he walks every day. he has decreased sensation of his lower extremites punctuated with pain. He also swims at least 4 times a week and this has helped more than anythign as far as increased movement and mobility.

12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mel,
Even though I'm on blogging hiatus I didn't want you losing it without my presence, so here I am. :) Lord knows what crazy thing you would do without your Zed fix.

I'm glad for the good news, and not happy with the non-relief of pain news. "The good news is you'll live but in a lot of pain"? Totally unacceptable!

Ask to be referred to Mayo Clinic or Emory--this guy's doing NOTHING isn't helping ANYTHING. Okay, I'm done being tough for today. Aren't you glad? :)

Okee-dookie then.
Monday?

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home