Sunday, November 12, 2006


Lots of Bitching and moaning today....

Sorry! I have known about this for several days now. They changed the Canadian's schedule at work. They put him on shift with a brand new person which is another post, but because his schedule changed, my holidays will suck. He had his week off during thanksgiving so we were going to Virginia to see my parents and he was gonna drop me off and I was going to stay a week. The best part about this plan was because I get the Thursday and Friday of thanksgiving off, I would only have to take 2 vacation days. Well, that and being able to spend the holiday with my family. Now he is working both Thanksgiving and Christmas, so not only can I not go home, but I will spending both days alone!!!!! I am so not happy about that. We spent our first Christmas we were married apart (He was in Canada and I was in Virginia) and I swore I would never be apart from on a holiday again. He'll be here but remember he works 12 hour shifts so he will leave thanksgiving morning at 6 am and wont be home until 8 that night. Sucks!!!! I cant drive myself to Virginia because I only drive up to an hour at a time because my numb painful legs. (I know it doesn't make any sense but they are numb and painful at the same time). And I cant afford to fly.(the cheapest flight I found was $400, how can people afford to fly all the time??) I thought about the train or bus but both require 2 days just for transportation and I can only get off a week at a time. GRRRR!!

My friend invited me to both thanksgiving and Christmas with her family, so I may do that. Thank goodness she asked, or I would really be upset! LOL.

And now my trip to see my parents has been moved back to Dec 6th. I was really hoping to get there this month, frankly I don't know how much time my dad has. That's something I am trying not to think about it but I have to consider it.

One good thing is work, my new boss has been just awesome about all my changing plans, before with my old awful boss I would work myself into a ulcer worrying about asking for time off, she was hateful about it. Things are so different and pleasant there now, its amazing how one person can make a workplace horrible or happy

Later

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Mel, I am sorry the Canadian has to work. What does he do that he has to work on a holiday?? I wish you could come here and spend Thanksgiving with me in Dallas. Southwest airlines is having a super saver only $39/one way!

11:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, that really stinks about Thanksgiving! I hope you won't sit alone--go to your friend's for dinner, and then you can have a late night dinner with the Canadian. No?

But I also hope you will see your father soon. There's nothing worse in life than having a regret about something that it's too late to fix. Been there, done that, and it feels just awful. Don't let this be one of the those "I should have done" moments, Mel.

You'll see, it'll all be okay.

May I go back to work now? Thank you! :)

11:26 AM  
Blogger Me said...

You would be welcome at my home for the holidays Mel.

6:52 PM  
Blogger L said...

Oh Mel that sucks if I had a way to get you here you could spend the holiday with us.

I will say a little prayer for you so you get to see your dad soon.
{{{hugs}}}

8:37 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

Sorry all the plans have gone to pot. Maybe you could have a late night Thanksgiving. Sometimes my mom messes up her cook times and it has been 7 pm before we ever ate. Late or early you always fall asleep after you eat anyway right?

9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the picture. That is how all my Thanksgivings are. Is there something wrong with that?? LOL

I'm sorry about you holidays... that stinks. Hopefully you'll have a nice time with your friend!

9:50 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

Well, on the bright side, Dec. 6 isn't too far away. Sorry your holidays got ruined. Work should have accomodated the Canadian! Do they think he is a machine or something?

I hope you have a good time with your friend. Keep your chin up!

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home