Thursday, May 31, 2007

I'm off to Gatling burg for Mountain Hounds!!

I am pretty excited, so excited that I woke up at 5;30 this morning and couldn't get back to sleep. Sad huh? But I have never been there and everyone that's been there says its awesome. I couldn't find a great picture, but I have my camera and will be taking lots of pics I am sure :)
I am going with "my girls" and I always have lots of fun and spend way too much money when I am with them. I will be working on Saturday during the vending helping Bec sell her collars.

I am taking hubby's laptop, the hotel is supposed to have free wireless, but then again the Hotel we stayed at in Charleston said they had it and they didn't. So I may be able to post.

The only thing that concerns me is that this place is a walking town and I cant do alot of walking. Bec said not to take the wheelchair either because the sidewalks are hilly. So I am taking my old lady walker (so embarrassing for me but what can I do?) that has a seat so I am going to give it my best. They also have a Trolley there :)

Still in pain with the kidney but now I have drugs for it so it should ease soon, Stupid kidney.

Later

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gatlinburg is awesome Mel. You'll have a blast there.

It is a lot of walking so make sure you don't over exert yourself.

Ya'll be careful and most importantly, have fun!

9:03 AM  
Blogger fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Welcome to Tennessee!

11:38 AM  
Blogger poody said...

I love this little town sis! My cousin used to live i Knoxville right down the road. It is a nice little place and I think the wheelchair would work actually Mel. I remember they have the coolest mini golf course there It is called Hillbilly Golf and you ride a tram up the side of the hill and then play all the way down it! Try to take a ride in the Smoky Mountians and if you can go to the Indian reservation in ?North Carolina not far from there. You probably know what I am talking about already !

12:03 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

I went there once
It was fun..

Have a great time Mel!

12:14 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

Have a good time! If you are driving yourself, you could always take the wheelchair and determine for yourself.

2:52 PM  
Blogger MommaMonkey said...

Oh, have fun!!! I LOVE Gatlinburg. My hubby, not so much...he says he hates the shopping. It's such a crafty little town. I think you could get away with taking your wheel chair, though. It's hilly, but is a steady slope.

No matter what you do, have fun doing it!!!

4:15 PM  
Blogger Doctor Momâ„¢ said...

Huh!

I love blogging. I would have never known that there was such a thing as a get away weekend for grayhounds and their owners!

You'll have to fill us in on what type of organized events they come up with

7:28 PM  
Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

Enjoy your vacation!

10:11 AM  
Blogger Cupcake Blonde said...

Have a great trip! I am sure you will have a lot of fun.

9:23 PM  
Blogger Jose said...

Never been there, so please make sure you show it to me. Have a great time and enjoy the trip.

11:51 PM  
Blogger kimber said...

Have a great time! Isn't it wonderful, to be so excited about something that you just can't sleep?!?!? Eeeee!

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home