Saturday, March 11, 2006



Black Sweat and other stuff...

I saw the new Prince video today for the song "Black Sweat"...he's still pretty hot! But the one line about making her scream like a white lady? What does that mean? I guess Prince should know LOL. Like him or hate him but the man has style.

Work was pretty quiet after "black Wendsday", so that was good. Finally the issue of me cutting back on hours was discussed and settled and I am pretty pleased with how it was handled. I dont think The B was happy but she didnt have the final say. I will give up some benefits but get to keep my health insurance for now. I opted out of disability insurance years ago when I first started working there, so I screwed myself there but how was I to know I would get so sick when I had always been healthy? The moral of that story is NEVER take your health for granted and get lots of insurance while you are healthy and can get it!

So the week ended better and to top it off I got a card from the Secret pal with the COOLEST stickers ever!! They dont show up really great in the picture but they are doggies and glittery flamingos! They make me smile whenever I look at the them...I have to decide where to stick them!! Thanks to my Secret pal!!

Oh I heard that there is a problem with the razr phones dropping calls and stuff and its such an issue that cingular stopped selling them!!!! ACK!! But I use mine ALOT and have not had but one dropped call. I had dropped calls all the time on Sprint but I think that was the sprint network rather than the phone. Anyway I hope I dont have any problems cuz I love my pink phone!

Later

8 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

ooo look at the pretty pretty stickers. I luv stickers.

My allergies are acting up but I got no pear trees around but I am blaming it on the pear trees lol :)

5:17 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Sherry...ohhh you go girl! Did you get the pink one!? I love mine!

Beading...LOL Those damn pear trees! Seriously, my allergies have been really bad this week.

8:21 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Everything is starting to bloom here so mine act up.
Do you take a prescription med for your allergies?

11:20 PM  
Blogger Spider Walk said...

I love the stickers! My kids get mad at me for sneaking in their rooms and looting through the piles of em they have laying around. I will put stickers on just about anything. My favorite thing to do is to sticker YM when he is sleeping on the couch and then taking videos or pictures of him...shhhhhhh...it's my secret though..lol!

Good to hear you got your hours reduced a little at work. That way you won't have to deal with the B so much, and you can spend more time with us :)

I didn't know Prince had any new music out. Funny that you mentioned him. The other day I was emptying the trash near our desk, and say YM had thrown away his WHOLE Prince collection of CD's!
I should have pulled em out, but didn't want to get scolded for being a trash digger. HAhaahaaa!!
I suppose there are worse things I could be accused of though, eh?

I love you dearie...really, I do!

XXOOXOX!!

11:28 PM  
Blogger Zambo said...

Hey Mel.

Sorry to hear about the allergies and the way you were treated when you returned to work...Glad you were able to get your hours reduced.

That Prince guy is pretty talented and I think he plays 21 instruments...(but he's a little strange)...

Everybody's Secret Pals seem to be really good at sending fun stuff!
Cute stickers!

Take care, Mel!

Your Pal,

Zambo.

3:17 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

Beading, I take claritan, lots of it and benadryl but only at night as benadryl knocks me into a coma.

Spider _ I love you too gal! LOL I cracking up at the vision I have of you taking pictures of sleeping hubby with stickers! Hehe.

Zambo - Good to see you! I didnt know he played 21 instuments, but I have always known he was super talented. That song Black Sweat is catchy now that I have heard it a couple of times. I am more of a Green day kinda gal though, LOL I have a inner rebel side I guess.

7:55 AM  
Blogger nicki said...

cool stickers!!! i loooove stickers!

6:08 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

I haven't seen Prince lately. i have no cable :(

Glad the boss has let up on you. Just when I thought we were going to get to kick some tail.

Can't remeber how I survived without a secret pal.

12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home