Saturday, October 21, 2006


I am a lying Mother.

You see my Daughter has a myspace page. I had one before she did, but I dont really use it often.

Anyway we were talking, and I asked her about an old boyfriend of hers that is one of her friends of myspace, and we got to talking about her other friends on there. It came out that my son has a page too. I asked for the info so I can be one of his friends and she told me but then he said he really did not want to me go on there. I said If he didnt want me to I wouldn't. And I really meant it when I said it. But the whole Pandora's box thing was too much for me and I went there. I feel awful in a way. But there was nothing there that would embarrass him so I dont get it. But what remains is my guilt. I really dont lie, I think I have blogged before about how much I hate lies and I vowed quite a while ago to never lie again. Its hard. But when I made him the promise I fully intended to keep it, so did I really lie?


But I did snag a new photo of my son, hahaha! he is really posing in this so I will share my ill gotten gain.

Later



8 Comments:

Blogger Teri said...

you shouldn't feel guilty about visiting his page. I would have done the same thing if someone said "don't go there". It's a given, you're gonna go.

maybe he just didn't want his mom being a "friend" and his friends harassing him about it.

6:27 PM  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

I wouldn't have made the promise - because I would've know that I couldn't have kept it. When someone says - "don't go there", the mother instinct kicks in and you have to make sure there's nothing there...ya know?

it's okay - I'm with Teri - Teenage boys don't want their "mom" to be their myspace friend.

10:03 AM  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

You did not visit his page as his Mother, you visited as a blogger, there to swipe photos!
If he doesn't know you know, you could have SUCH fun!
Evil that I am...:)

11:33 AM  
Blogger Spider Girl said...

As long as you don't leave a comment there signed "Mom", it should be okay. I think its too hard for parents to resisit knowing what their kids are up to.

My mom reads my blog, and I know it and don't mind,but even though I'm a grown woman I'm still aware that she is my mom and therefore sometimes don't post ALL that I'm thinking.

I had a bad experience once with a parent reading my written journal as a teenager.

11:52 AM  
Blogger Doctor Momâ„¢ said...

Hey Mel-- Here voting, BRB

Can't believe you're up against Bozette & Luna! You're brave but I think you can pull it off!

1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree with Teri. I'm sure he doesn't want to be "embarrassed" that his mom's visiting his Myspace site. That's fairly normal with teenage boys, no?
I wouldn't volunteer the information, but if he asks you outright tell him the truth. He'll get over it. After a little foot stomping. :) As for the lying thing, we all have the best of intentions but get caught in snafus every once in a while.

7:00 PM  
Blogger nicki said...

i would have done the same thing Mel :) don't feel bad..lol

9:57 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

You are a caring mother. You just wanted to make sure he wasn't getting into trouble.

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home