Tuesday, October 31, 2006


Happy Halloween

The picture is for Mr Fab, I think these are Lemurs. I think so But he is the expert, not me.

I have too much to say to do a wordless Wendsday today. I tried to post last night but Blogger ate my post and its gone forever! Anyway, here is an exert from the conversation I had with the no show "dogsitter". I was trying to give her the cold shoulder at work and she came up to my cube:

Dogsitter : "I am sorry about yesterday. It was a really bad day at my house."
Me : "Well, you better have a really good excuse, Missy"
Dogsitter: "I caught my husband cheating and I left him yesterday"
Me: "umm.. that works"

So needless to say I felt terrible. But then part of me felt like she still could have called. I am not sure what to do but like I said before Beggers cant be choosers. I have called every dogsitter in the phone book and none will come out to rinky dink small town in the middle of nowhere. And we can't afford to board 8 dogs. Now this gal seems to have a drama surrounding her (and we all know how well I do with Drama) but she's all I have right now.

My dad's first oncologist appointment is today, so it really be a scary day.

I have 161 full size candy bars for the trick or treaters tonight. Even with that amount I will probably run out, I do every year. Our neighborhood is THE place to bring kids to go door to door. Not sure why but they bring them in from other towns even. Happy Halloween Bloggerville!

Later

11 Comments:

Blogger Lynda said...

I wish I was closer. I would dog sit for you. I can't imagine boarding 8 of them. The last place we brought Nikki was $15 which was a steal compared to most places around here.

10:43 AM  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

I am bringing my kids to your house for trick or treat night. But I understand about living in the "Neighborhood" that everyone drops their kids off at - we had over 300 last year. This year i went cheap and they are getting willy-wonka candy (I don't like it, therefore wont eat it!)

10:49 AM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Woooo,you are going to be popular tonight!

2:30 PM  
Blogger nicki said...

holy drama is riiiight!! sheeee-it! Hope everything went ok at your dads appt...happy halloween mel..*hugs*

4:35 PM  
Blogger fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Wow, now that's an excuse!

Still thinking about you and your dad.

5:01 PM  
Blogger MommaMonkey said...

Man, i want to come to your neighborhood!

Hope you find a dog-sitter! I agree with you, a courtesy call would have been nice. Even if it was later on.

Happy Halloween!

9:37 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

full size candy bars..

nice!

9:41 PM  
Blogger L said...

Happy Halloween Mel!

10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy, men sure are pigs.

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that many full size candy bars and you'll still run out? Geeez, it HAS to be the place to go. Wish I'd have known ;)

Best of luck to your Dad Mel.

1:20 PM  
Blogger the not so "new" mom on the blog said...

Hi Mel, I have been saying a little prayer for your Dad and your whole family! I know it is not an easy thing to deal with, my auntie has been suffering from lung cancer, going on 10yrs now, it puts alot of strain on the family but as I always say, The man upstairs won't give you something that you won't be able to handle! Take Care and I will continue to include you all in my prayers! :-)

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home