Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Wordy wendsday

Well I was going to post pictures but still am not able to. Every day lately blogger has issues, its very frustrating!

Lots of ghouls and goblins last night, we have maybe 12 candy bars left. I turned off the lights at 8 or there would have been more I am sure. Trick or treating sure has changed from when I was a kid. These days they all hop in cars, trucks or vans and are driven door to door. There were 2 trailers fully decorated full of kids. I am glad the weather was nice for them.

Dad's oncologist is suggesting surgery to remove the one lung. I think this is a good sign, but my parents arent so sure. My mom is dead set against him having surgery. I think an ocologist would not suggest an aggressive step like that if he didnt think it would be best. I am grateful the doctor didnt say there is nothing to do but pallative care. Anyway, he is going to today for pulmonary tests and tomorrow for something, some sort of scan but cant remember what it is called.

One of the preggers gals at work had her baby monday night and I went over yesterday on my lunch break. While I was holding the baby boy my arm starting cramping bad and its been crampy and numb ever since. The doctor said I would start having problems with my arms and hands just like my legs and feet. I really overdid walking yesterday too and am paying today.

See what happens when I cant post pictures??? I get all morose and no fun at all.

Later

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm just catching up from my vacation. I'm sooo sorry to hear about your dad. That's really awful. I hope the best for him and all of you that are going through this with him.

As far as Hallo"weiners," I hardly had any. It sucks living in the Bible belt. All of the christians are worried their children will become satan worshippers if they collect candy and dress up for one night out of the year. Nevermind that Easter has some pagan rituals to it too (egg = fertility god). Whatever. When I was a kid I never once thought about the satanic stuff. I just thought it was time for scary stories, candy, and bonfires. Those are some really good memories for me.

Anyways, now I'm rambling.

Seriously, take care and I'll keep your dad on my mind.

8:13 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

Mel, I think it is very positive if the oncologist thinks that removing the lung is an option. It probably means that his cancer is still localized in one area. I don't know when you will be able to see him, but maybe talking to the oncologist will give you some piece of mind and you can reassure your mom.

9:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Lynda, that's a good sign. I hope your parents will agree that that is the way to go.

I'm also hoping the numbness in your arms is a temporary thing, Mel. Maybe the baby was placed in your arms in such a way as to cut off circulation... ?? I've had that happen...

Big, big hugs sent your way!

12:59 AM  
Blogger poody said...

The surgery you are talking about is a big one Mel. Although I have seen people sit up on the side of the bed the very evening of the surgery. (epidural pain meds)I have written and erased my post about 5 times now. As a nurse I definately have opinions on this subject. As a family member of someone who also had lung cancer I have my opinions. I will say this,if this is something your Dad wants and feels he can benefit from then all you can do is support his decision as you well know. The odds with cancer are always stacked with the house (being the cancer)but the house doesn't always win. I will continue to keep him and you in my daily thoughts and prayers my friend.

7:49 PM  
Blogger LunaChick said...

Mel,
I am keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers constantly. As you may or not know, my mom had lung cancer.
I remember this stage of diagnosis all too well. It is very confusing and such a roller coaster ride. Please make sure you dad and mom voice all of their concerns and aren't afraid to ask any and all questions. My mom had the option of having her lung removed too, but it would have meant giving up her mobility for a wheelchair so for that reason she declined and opted for radiation.
Maybe you would feel better if you called the Doctor yourself?

I am so sorry about your pooch situation. Have you tried contacting any of the Dane rescue operators and asking them if they could take them in temporarily? Just a thought...

In the meantime...
Smoochies, Positive vibes, Kisses and Prayers are being sent your way.

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home