Wednesday, November 22, 2006

When my brother calls, its bad news.


Last night I had a message on my phone from my brother. We get along just fine but he hates the phone and never calls. You know that feeling of dread you get when you KNOW its bad news? I had that feeling. I KNEW it would be bad. I was almost too chicken to even check the message. But I did. And its bad. My dad had a stroke yesterday and is in ICU. He is paralized on the right side and cant speak but seems to be lucid. They dont know alot right now. I am making plans on getting there. The Canadian agreed to drive me today after I visit the vampires and get (hopefully) permission from my doc for a 7 hour car trip. But the weather is bad and they are saying the roads are bad all the way up there today plus its the busiest travel day of the year. So I may see about going this weekend. I just dont know. I am packed though


Later

12 Comments:

Blogger fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

I'll be thinking about you and yours this holiday - be safe and pray for the best.

10:27 AM  
Blogger Teri said...

oh Mel, I'm so sorry.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and the family.

10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My prayers are with you. Be safe if you travel.

11:29 AM  
Blogger Lynda said...

Mel, I am so sorry. It seems like when it rains, it pours. I hope you will be able to see your dad soon. I will be thinking of you!

1:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're in my thoughts, Mel.

1:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers - I am so sorry! Take care and have a safe journey! {{{hugs}}}

2:51 PM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Oh no,I'm so sorry.
I'll be thinking of you and your family.
Stay safe:)

5:00 PM  
Blogger nicki said...

awww mel, thats horrible..i'm so sorry to hear the news :( please know that i'm thinking about you and yours right now...take good care. much love

7:37 PM  
Blogger Spider Girl said...

I wish your dad a swift recovery.

My dad had two strokes about ten years ago, and I remember how stressful it was waiting to see how he'd recover.

10:56 PM  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

oh Mel - BIG HUGS to you!

I'm keeping your Dad in my thoughts and prayers... Be safe in your travels - take your time getting there...

11:20 PM  
Blogger MommaMonkey said...

I'll be praying for your dad. And praying you have a safe trip.

My Dad had a stroke a few months ago. I know the panic that comes with "the" phone call.

You're in my thoughts.

11:43 PM  
Blogger Henry (Calem's Opa) said...

I am sorry and I hope for the best. Sometimes those things take time my thoughts will be with you

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home