Friday, February 16, 2007


New drugs and the three day weekend....

This week was doctors appointment week. The good news is I am off the blood thinners for now! Yah no more rat poison for me. The bad news is I am paraniod I will get another blood clot, but at least if I do I will KNOW what it is this time instead of walking around with it for over a week.
The doctor suggested I check into accupuncture for the pain, so I have a consult next week for that. I am open to anything that might help! The neurologist started me on a new drug Cymbalta, which is usually given to people with diabetic nerve pain. I am not diabetic but I have nerve pain so I am trying that too. I took one last night and I am queasy on my tummy this morning. I have a 3 day weekend, something tells me I should have waited and started this on the weekend


Speaking of the 3 day weekend, WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO! I am so excited, I have never had presidents day off before. I have no weekend plans and I am trying to keep it that way. I need to stay home and rest and clean.


I hate posting pictures of myself but that one above is not bad, LOL you cant see much of my face! haha. Stuffgirl took it when we were in Virginia a few weeks ago. So there I am. I am thinking of making it my new profile pic.


Later

8 Comments:

Blogger Sherry said...

Enjoy your 3 day weekend. To me the worst part of starting a new med. is the unknown side effects, such as your queasy stomach. Hopefully it'll help with your pains.

xoxox

7:33 AM  
Blogger Angel said...

I hope the cymbalta works for you...and maybe the side effects will go away after a while.

I like the picture...kind of "artsy"!!

9:30 AM  
Blogger poody said...

Have a good weekend Mel. I think a shot of your pretty face would be nice too! I have heard good results from the Cymbalta too. Another one is Lyrica. I have a lot of diabetics on both of these drugs. As far as the blood clots make sure to eat lots of leafy green veggies.

11:07 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

enjoy your
3 day weekend!!!

Monday work for me
**sobbing***

12:20 PM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

I love that picture,it looks artsy!
I'm glad your off rat poison,lol and I hope the new meds smarten up and work their magic.
Have a super weekend!

3:15 PM  
Blogger Tai said...

Have a great weekend!

(Nice pic, it looks like you were moving VERY fast!)

4:28 PM  
Blogger Katherine said...

I like the picture! Very mysterioso...Enjoy your long weekend. Accupuncture sounds fascinating to me--let us know what you think!

5:59 PM  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

Have a great weekend!

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home