Friday, April 06, 2007


2 posts in one day, can you stand it??

I got my tire repaired, the van is still not fixed yet but we at least have one working vehicle now. The guy from the tire place only charged me $20 for the service call and the tire!! And get this, My boss took me to lunch while he was working on it, and we waited FOREVER for our food and we got back over an hour later and he was gone, and didn't leave a bill or anything. So I drove over to the tire place to pay and he said he knew I would come in and pay because I looked like an honest young lady (YOUNG!!!!). So he made my day. The Canadian was so happy I got me some this afternoon LOL!

But the BIG news today is my cousin. My cousin is 13 years younger than I am, he is my only cousin on my dad's side of the family. We are not that close, although I think we would be closer if I were in Virginia more often, but I see him at all family gatherings. Anyway, he always wanted to act. After college he went to New York for a few years trying to break into the business. He did some commercials and some local plays I think. But like most of the people trying to make it he never did. He moved to NC for a while, met his wife there and finally moved back to Virginia and worked in his dad's real estate firm. But I guess he still wanted to act, and mom told me a few weeks ago he went to Chicago for some big try out for something, I assumed it was a play. But it was not a play...he is the new Maytag Repairman! Yes, the loneliest guy in town LOL. Here is an article that tells you about it. I am very happy for him, maybe this will lead to more acting jobs, and Maybe one day he can introduce me to George Clooney. See, I can make any post turn into a Clooney post.

Later

8 Comments:

Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

Slacker!

11:52 PM  
Blogger Jose said...

Wow, tireguy was a good judge of character, not too many trusting people left around. I though George Cloony was a pretty decent Batman but then again so was Val Kilmer and Michael Keaton. I am just a sucker for Batman movies, can you tell.

Anyway, jugs and kisses work for me just fine.

4:20 AM  
Blogger Jose said...

Anyway, jugs and kisses work for me just fine.

I meant to say, hugs and kisses work just fine for me.

4:21 AM  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

How awesome for your cousin!

Glad the tire thing was only $20 - with my luck, I would have had to but a new tire!

10:37 AM  
Blogger MommaMonkey said...

Wow! The clouds have lifted for you! And $20 for a tire job...I want the name of that guy!

That is so awesome that your cousin is the Maytag Repairman! How cool is that? You never know, he may just end up being a star in one of Clooney's films, and he may take you to the red carpet some day!

Glad the weekend is here...enjoy it!

1:10 PM  
Blogger kimber said...

Now I can say I know someone who's related to the Maytag repairman? Awesome! Kevin Bacon is only a few more steps away, I can feel it!

1:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Easter, Mel!

10:28 AM  
Blogger Lynda said...

That's pretty awesome! I think you are a step closer to meeting George. :D

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home