Wednesday, March 28, 2007


Happiness is soft contact lenses.

I am pretty excited today, I get to try on a pair of soft contact lenses! Why is this exciting?? I have worn hard plastic lenses since I was 15. I have mentioned before how bad my eyesight is. when I was 15 the eye doc decided I should start wearing contact lenses, he felt they would slow my eyes from getting worse. Talk about torture. I would cry everyday during the process where you would gradually build up your wearing time. Honestly it was bad and if it was up to me I would have thrown them away the first day. But I was a minor and there was no way in hell my mom would let me throw them away with how much they cost, and would monitor me to make sure I wore them. Anyway I got used to wearing them and have worn them ever since. I was able to switch to a gas permeable lens a few years ago which made them a bit more comfortable. But as I have gotten older my eyes have rebelled and I still wear them but they hurt pretty bad by the end of the day and my wearing time is pretty much during work only. They have never offered a soft lens in my prescription until now and I am really really excited!! So lets hope they fit!

And my new glasses are bifocals for the first time and because of my high Rx to get the thinner lenses they were $600!!!!!! You people with perfect eyesight don't know how much money you save! But its worth every penny to see clearly.

Later

8 Comments:

Blogger poody said...

good luck with the new peepers sis Take a picture of yourself with the new contacts

10:28 AM  
Blogger MommaMonkey said...

I LOVE soft contact lenses. I had the gas permiable for a long time too. Your eyes are so gonna love the soft lenses! Enjoy!

2:07 PM  
Blogger Angel said...

I have really bad eyesight too and thank goodness, I'm able to wear soft lenses. I love 'em! You will too, I just bet ya!!!

pictures maybe? :)

6:33 PM  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

I tried contacts, I just couldn't put them in my eyes, I tried, but I looked like a racoon by the end of the day - because I had to put drops in to keep my eyes moist, and we all know how that went. Would love to have the surgery and not have the expense of new glasses every year, but tooo chicken!

6:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol..hey Mel? I'm only 36 so I'm not blind yet :p

9:28 AM  
Blogger Lynda said...

I had to get reading glasses when I was 20 years old. My eye sight shifted, so now I just wear them from driving, and then I don't wear my glasses at night.

I only got them to read the street signs. LOL.

I am glad more than ever that I don't need contacts. I couldn't afford the $600.

11:14 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

Mr Fab you lose. my left is -13.75 and my right is -10.25. I used to be worse, my left was -18 something at one time. But the natural aging process has actually helped in my case.

5:50 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Slick, I have been blind since birth LOl

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home