Saturday, March 31, 2007


The meaning of life...

So lately I have been thinking about death alot. I usually try to avoid thinking of things like that, I have a true Scarett O'Hara mentality, I really put off thinking about the bad stuff. "I'll think about it tomorrow...at Tara!" But I am terrified of death, I have no faith that anything lies out there. I wish I did have faith it would make things easier. I would love to believe I will see my dad again but then will I see the people that I didnt like too? NO, it just doesnt make sense to me. I wonder why I am here, and I stress that my life is ordinary but ordinary is the way I want to be. I have not accomplished anything of worth except my kids. They are pretty great but still, when I die what mark will I leave on this earth?

My head hurts.

Later

10 Comments:

Blogger Fantastagirl said...

I'd like to think I am a better person for having known you through this blog...you have made a difference in my life.

(now how pitiful am I, that a total stranger, that I will probably never meet in real life, has made a difference in my life, that her thoughts, have impacted me in that way - but seriously - I think you are more important than you give yourself credit for!)

9:40 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Awww shucks, gal, I feel the same way about you!

10:24 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

Just keep being a good person. That is enough. :)

10:42 PM  
Blogger fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

There's nothing to fear.

If there is nothing there, then what's to worry about.

If there is, then the big guy will take you into his arms and make it all right again.

Either way...it's peace and no pain.

11:29 PM  
Blogger Sheila West said...

Everybody believes in SOMETHING, whether they know it or not. A true-blue atheist is mighty rare. Agnostics are more plentiful.

It's good to find some kind of a higher power.

2:15 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Just have as much fun as
you possibly can

that's all you need
to worry about!


=)

7:38 PM  
Blogger Bob said...

I know what you mean. I'm an agnostic and have no idea what to think lies beyond.

9:16 PM  
Blogger Spider Girl said...

A few posts back I wrote about the "Butterfly Effect", the theory that every little thing we do has some sort of consequence, somewhere, somehow.

In between work, gardening, and gadding about, I've been having some serious introspective thoughts about life and the universe too. I guess it's only human to wonder about it all.

12:43 AM  
Blogger Jose said...

I have not accomplished anything of worth except my kids.

I am somewhat healthy and I found out when I had my kids that I really had it all. I'm pretty ordinary too, but my kids love me and I know I'll leave a mark when I pass.

Just concentrate on the beauty of what you have, seems to me you already have a head start.

12:52 AM  
Blogger Lynda said...

I bet Mozart felt the same way!

BTW, I think after you have a significant loss you think about death a lot more, cause I still think a lot about death. But I believe in afterlife, so it doesn't really bother me.

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home