Saturday, April 21, 2007


I'm back!!

And as my mother might say, slam wore out. I pushed myself and really did too much. Charleston is such a wonderful place to visit!!! Its so pretty, and it has something for everyone. 2 nights is not long enough to do everything. The only complaint I have is that you have to walk alot and while that's OK for most people its close to impossible for me. I think since its a walking town yet a tourist town there should be more benches along the sidewalks. Just my opinion.

I liked Lynda's Time line of her vacation to Memphis so I am gonna try that for my trip. So today is day one....Wednesday.


OK it sucked because I had to get up early to go the doctor. They are trying to get my coumadin levels straight again since I had to go back on it. Also I wanted the doc to explain to me the reason why she says I need to coumadin the rest of my life. I have a factor 5 genetic flaw, which she says that if you have to have clotting issues its the best one to have. I am 10 times more likely to have a clot and that risk is increased some since I already had a Deep Vein Thrombosis (really bad clot). It finally explains all my miscarriages, see I knew there had be a reason other than it was meant to be, or it was God's will or any of that crap. I also asked to the doc to do a urine test. I get my blood drawn, ( 2 sticks this time, not too bad) and then we are done. But we still cant leave town yet, we don't have a vehicle to drive. So we drive all over looking for Arnett's used cars. We didn't find it because my Hubby had the name wrong. We go home and i head for the drugstore to get my coumadin refilled. I get back and then we head out to the Ford dealership to see if they found the key to the van we looked at before. They did finally after 2 days find the key. I still find it hard to believe that they lost the key, how can they make any money this way? Anyway we test drive it to Hubby's bookkeepers office, it rides good, it sounds good. He takes it by his mechanic to see what he thinks. The mechanic says buy it, its a good deal so we did. The doc calls me to tell me I have a bladder infection and we have to go back to the drugstore to get my antibiotic. Finally at 3:30 we are on the road for Charleston. We get there about 7:30 and check in to find out they didn't have any handicapped rooms left and we have to settle for a room on the second floor with NO elevator. I am not happy. I will remember to ask when I make the reservations from now on. Anyway we eat dinner at Diana's restaurant (it was OK) and head for bed. I only took one pic that night and its the lights on the hotel. Its a sucky pic but I have more for later :)

To be continued......

5 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

ohhh.....can't wait to see more pics. I've never been there!

7:45 AM  
Blogger Angel said...

I love pictures of other people's vacations since I didn't get to go on my own this year!

12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back Mel! It really wasn't the same here without you. (o:

4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say we all chip-in and give Beth a vacation! Of course, I'm all tapped out so I won't be contributing, but I'm counting on the rest of you to be EXTREMELY generous.

4:21 PM  
Blogger Scarlet said...

Two days to find the keys. Be late with a payment, then see how fast they find your number!!

4:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home