Saturday, April 14, 2007


Mom in law countdown

My mom in law is flying in from Canada later today. I love my MIL, she is a pretty awesome lady.
Here is a pic from her visit last year. I need to make sure I take more pics this year.

The van is STILL in the shop. Words cannot express how frustrated I am over this!!! I am having to get a ride to the airport to pick her up.

Another source of frustration is my inability to clean my house or even keep up with the laundry(the washer/dryer is in the basement) because of my lack of mobility. I know how old people feel when they cannot do little things for themselves.

But it will all be OK I guess. I don't know how much posting I will be able to do and I wont be able to visit my daily blogs because I don't want to be rude and be on the computer the whole time she is here. Hopefully I wont miss too much!

later

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is an adorable pic of your dog. Mine spreads out like that too. I love animals!

2:05 PM  
Blogger MommaMonkey said...

I think you need to have your car towed to another repair shop. That is just rediculous!

Have fun with your MIL! She looks like she has such a nice, down-to-earth personality!

2:57 PM  
Blogger Tanya Espanya said...

Funny how your dog is always on his back on the couch...even a year later... :)

4:05 PM  
Blogger fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Family is much more important than anything ever going on this computer network.

That's what's wrong with kids these days. Their computer/phone/texting time interrupts family time, instead of it being the other way 'round.

4:56 PM  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

The Incredible's promise to not have any fun without you. Have a great time with your MIL - and enjoy her visit!

5:55 PM  
Blogger Doctor Momâ„¢ said...

I totally get it Mel-- last week (Easter Week) I re-injured my back (herniated disc) and couldn't get ready for Easter the way that I had hoped.

It took me 20 minutes just to throw my towel and underwear down the clothes chute-- getting them up off the floor was the tricky part

I ended up hiring a cleaning service to come in on Good Friday and vacuum/dust etc., and $125 later, I had a clean house that lasted about 48 hours.

Hmmmm... I thought teenagers were supposed to contribute to maintaining the house and not destroying it.

Another inspiration from Mel's site! (off topic, but inspiration)

Enjoy your visit with your Mother-In-Law-- it's a blessing that you get along so well. I see mine twice a year, Thanksgiving and Christmas (unless someone dies or gets married)

She lives less than a mile from us. She has never cared for me and told me when I was pregnant to never expect her to babysit or care for my children...and she apparently meant it.

You're blessed!!

7:45 AM  
Blogger Angel said...

OMG! That dog is cracking me up!!!

2:58 PM  
Blogger Jose said...

Just take care of her while she is here, then after you can let us know nice a time you had. We'll miss you but will wait for you.

7:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol..looks like the dog is hogging the sofa!

Enjoy your time with the MIL girl.

11:47 AM  
Blogger Scarlet said...

Are they waitng for the warranty to expire first?

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home