Thursday, April 12, 2007


What is it about the Military Channel????

A few days before Easter we switched from Direct TV satellite back to Cable. Its been almost 5 years and I swore I would never go back to Cable, but we wanted to combine all our services and They made me a deal I could not refuse. Plus Hubby was wanting to cut back on some bills and by combining its going to save us about $50 a month!! Anyway, I love the cable so far, I love the on demand feature and how much easier it is to use. The control buttons are simple and easy to use and I need that LOL. But Hubby found out we didn't get the Military channel anymore and he was NOT a happy camper. He has to have his Military channel. Now, I just don't get the appeal. I TRY to watch it but its WWII over and over and over again. Last night they were talking about Rommel! It must be a guy thing because 2 minutes into watching it I fall asleep. Thank goodness we have 2 TVs. Anyway, the package with the Military channel is $10 extra a month but he had to have it so now we are only saving $40 a month.

We also switched from DSL to Cable so my email address is new, so if anyone has been emailing me I am not ignoring you. I am off to correct the email on profile so I can lots and lots of emails (hint hint hahah)

Our van is still in the shop (3 weeks now!!) and the Hoverer is giving me a ride to work today. So I really feel bad about what I said. I made the comment that I wonder how I did my job for 6 years before she came when she was nagging me Tuesday. She is OCD but cant she be OCD with her own stuff and not mine? She even changed the day on my calendar the other day and is always grabbing stuff off my desk to put them away when I am not done with them!!!!!! grrrrrrrrrrr.

Later

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's a mother hen, sounds like.

I know the van in the shop has to be trying ya'lls patience.

Believe it or not, I'll actually sit and watch a program on the military channel if it sparks my interest!

9:36 AM  
Blogger Lynda said...

I think the military channel is a guy thing! LOL

Your coworker would irritate me too. You probably just need to set boundaries.

9:55 AM  
Blogger poody said...

the military channel is definately a guy thing. The rat bastard loved it too. How much W 2 shit can you really learn for god's sake! I say we put your hoverer and my talker in a room together and seal it shut sis!

12:03 PM  
Blogger MommaMonkey said...

$40 a month saved is better than nothing saved, right? And that Military Channel soun...zzzzz.....zzzz....
Sorry, I dozed off there. My FIL loves his History channel. I'm like you, 2 minutes into it and I'm asleep.

And I still wouldn't feel bad about commenting to OCD-girl. it may be an illness of sorts, but she still has to learn her boundaries. Life's tough, but it is what it is. She'll get over it.

1:00 PM  
Blogger fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

The perfect package for me is Military, Discovery, National Geographic, and the History channels.

If they come in HD, all the better.

It's a guy thing and if you aren't into history or science, neither of them will work for ya!

10:39 PM  
Blogger Scarlet said...

I agree with mushy.

It has been a few years since I had pay-tv. I MISS History, National Geographic, Discovery and Nickelodeon.


**sigh**

2:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home