Sunday, June 10, 2007




The road to gaitlingburg....

We drove my van and Bec brought her GPS, she's used this GPS all over the US (she's been traveling alot lately) and its always been reliable. But for some reason the GPS decided to be funny and we ended up on a DIRT road on the side of mountain. There were no other cars and the road curved all over. At first it was kind of an adventure but since the drop off the mountain was on the passenger side (where I was, Bec drove) it got kinda scary. Like Blair witch or deliverance scary. We were on this road for a long time, and they were wondering if this was the dragon's tail, a road that bikers love that is famous for its curves. Me, I didn't love it and was so glad when we finally saw signs of life (a trailer here or a small house there). I never said I was adventurous! We found out later this was not the Dragon's tail but was in fact highway 32. Go figure.

More on Mountain hounds later..

12 Comments:

Blogger Fantastagirl said...

Sooo you got a little off course... I keep telling Mr. I we don't need one of these, and now I have proof!

9:37 PM  
Blogger Shelli said...

Sounds like fun. NOT! I am terrified of heights. I would have been freaking.

10:38 PM  
Blogger MommaMonkey said...

That's a bit scarey! Reminds me of the commercial where the GPS tells the guy to turn right and he goes through a shop window!

And a dirt road that is a highway? Only in TN.

11:11 PM  
Blogger Cupcake Blonde said...

Too my least favorite things...getting lost and being in the middle of nowhere. Oh my, I feel your pain. I am always scared someone is going to come out a slaughter me. I have watched way too many scary movies about that subject I guess.

11:59 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

--.-

5:10 AM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Hehehe I feel like that on weird roads too!

2:20 PM  
Blogger Zed said...

They don't make roads like that in my neck of the woods. Scarey!

6:14 PM  
Blogger Me said...

Looks beautiful though!

11:04 PM  
Blogger poody said...

I love those little details that come later like the fact that it was a real road. Man the coffers of the state must be bare if this is what passes for a hiway!

10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like an adventure and it sounds like fun :) I love Gaitlinburg so I can't wait to read more!

11:40 AM  
Blogger Jose said...

Wow, that does sound like an adventure, stay safe and enjoy every moment of it.

12:45 PM  
Blogger mixednut said...

Can you take the GPS with you, say, on a hike? That would be handy.

And late congrats on your good news Mel, wooo-hoooo!

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home