Wednesday, January 04, 2006


Cancer sucks....

My friend's sister lost her 7 year battle with cancer yesterday. It was bad, not at the end but she really suffered before that. I am trying to find some faith in something that would explain the senslessness of it all. I have tried to have faith in the past but I have a hard time with that. She was 44 years old.

Anyway, I am staying upbeat. I couldnt think of a picture to post so I thoiught I would post a picture of a cancer survivor. Lance Armstrong came to mind but then I settled on Tom Green. I like Tom Green, he makes me laugh. Although I found of him smoking and I hope he has quit by now. Isn't that like feeding cancer?

Later

5 Comments:

Blogger Spider Walk said...

That is so sad. Cancer will never make sense to me Mel.

I am sorry to hear of your sisters friend.

Sending hugs your way....

8:07 AM  
Blogger nicki said...

sorry to hear about your friends sister mel..i'm glad to hear you're staying upbeat..take good care.

12:17 PM  
Blogger Not this time said...

Oh Dear.
I'm sorry.

My sister had cancer. And she's a smoker... still.
Of course, like most smokers (myself included), she's constantly trying to quit.

9:30 AM  
Blogger dixiedarling said...

So sorry to hear of your loss. Cancer has taken many people I know from me. Stay strong especially for your friend.

10:54 AM  
Blogger Lynda said...

Cancer really does suck. Since my sister died in October 2005, I have heard of so many people affected by cancer. They either have it themselves or who have relatives with cancer. Didn't you say she lost her mom too? That is so sad.

I really feel for your friend right now. I hope she is doing ok. It will be a difficult road ahead of her, but at least her sister isn't suffering anymore.

:'(

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home