Thursday, December 29, 2005


Nothing to say.......

Really, not much to say. I am tired, I will be glad when this week is over. How come the short work weeks seem the longest? They do to me anyway.

This is one of those posts when I cant think of anything creative to say so I will post another Hubble photo. The Hubby was telling me he read where these pictures are not really colored like this, they add the colors in later. I am SO dillisullioned by that thought and I REFUSE to believe it! But then I read this on the Hubble website.


Taking color pictures with the Hubble Space Telescope is much more complex than taking color pictures with a traditional camera. For one thing, Hubble doesn't use color film — in fact, it doesn't use film at all. Rather, its cameras record light from the universe with special electronic detectors. These detectors produce images of the cosmos not in color, but in shades of black and white.
Finished color images are actually combinations of two or more black-and-white exposures to which color has been added during image processing.
The colors in Hubble images, which are assigned for various reasons, aren't always what we'd see if we were able to visit the imaged objects in a spacecraft. We often use color as a tool, whether it is to enhance an object's detail or to visualize what ordinarily could never be seen by the human eye.


Well that burst my bubble. *sigh* What a week.

Later

3 Comments:

Blogger Spider Walk said...

Friday is almost here Mel..hang on just ONE more day!

I used to save the hubble pictures and use them as my wallpaper on my desktop. They are like works of art. I am now disappointed, like you that they are "colorized"!

I had no idea...pffftttt....

10:08 PM  
Blogger blackcrag said...

awwwww.... does this mean there's no Santa Claus either?

12:25 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

I bet they don't look as good in black and white, unlike the classic look of a black and white photo.

1:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home