Saturday, December 31, 2005


Happy New Year!

And all that stuff! We dont really celebrate new years, I cant even drink a drop or my cadiologist has a hissy fit, I am sure what would happen if were to drink (implode?) but he makes out like it would be bad. I dont care for alcohol anyway. My vice is food and gluttony I guess. Anyway we were invited to 2 events but I have a greyhound that is scared to death of fireworks. Alot of the track greyhounds are afraid of fireworks and thunder ( I have some theories as to why ) But Baby we raised from a puppy, and she has no reason to be afraid. But she is absolutely terrified of loud noises. She will run through the house trying to get away from the noise. If she is crated when its starts she will hurt herself trying to get out so now we stay home for her. Fireworks are legal here and there are stands all over. People around here go kinda crazy with the fireworks and the booze LOL I imagine the ER will be full later.

I spent the day shopping with a good friend and I bought things I probably dont need but they were 75% off!! I bought 2 throws for the couches that were considered christmas stuff cuz they were red and I got them for $3 each! Now I cant turn down that kind of a deal! And you women know that rush you get when get a bargain. I dont get that rush often as I dont have the stamina or desire to shop like I used to. But that rush felt good. I read on Spider in the Bathtub's blog that it is an old superstition that you will spend the rest of the year doing what you did on the last day of the old year. I hope not! I dont want to shop all the year LOL.

Be safe tonight bloggers....

5 Comments:

Blogger Spider Walk said...

Happy New Year!

And I hope Spider Girl was wrong too. I don't want to spend the next year vomiting,aching, and generally feeling lousy! I knew I should have sucked it up, and hit the malls today for some shopping...lol!!

9:37 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

I hope that is wrong too! I would be eating the whole year!!

I hope your baby does ok. My dog doesn't really mind fireworks one way or the other. She is a lab mix, and the Lab as a breed are tolerant of loud nosies.

11:05 PM  
Blogger Not this time said...

But if you spend all year shopping like you did on New Year's Eve you'll get a massive amount of bargains!!!!

1:08 PM  
Blogger nicki said...

happy new year mel!

5:08 PM  
Blogger Tai said...

Happy Happy New Year to YOU!

12:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home