Saturday, May 13, 2006


I have to go dress shopping!!!!! ARGGGGGGGGGGG!

I would rather walk through live coals. I hate shopping and believe me when you are my size there is just nothing pretty out there. So its a given its going to ugly and illfitting. Illfitting because my frame is small and petite but my girth is not petite at all. Yes, I dare you to TRY to find a petite plus size dress that is halfway attractive. But I have 2 weddings, my daughters graduation and my parents 50th anniversary party all this summer and I need something to wear. Dammit. Add to that the fact I dont enjoy shopping and get tired quickly (thanks heart failure!) this search will take a while. I already checked Catherine's and let me just say ewwwwwwwwww to pretty much everything in that store LOL. Today I am going to check Belks. OH I forgot to mention that sewing is my mortal enemy so hemming is out unless I pay someone which I dont want to do since I am sure the dress will be expensive. But Even the thin and beautiful can look ugly in a dress, thus the picture of Gweneyth. Oh Gwen, you are so pretty but that dress is hideous. Geez if she can look bad I am never looking in a mirror again!

Later

7 Comments:

Blogger Spider Walk said...

I hate dress shopping too. I thought I was the only one who hated the new fashions and colors! It's really hard to force yourself to go into a dress shop when all the maniquins in the window are wearing hideious uglyyyy dresses and you just KNOW those are the best ones they got.

And another thing...why do they only make them is teeeny tiny sizes? Not everyone is a size 1,5,7,9,or 12 ya know? The whole fashion industry really pisses me off===grrrrrrr!!

Good luck kiddo--I can feel your pain :(

10:08 AM  
Blogger L said...

I hate it too and the worse part is the dressing room and trying something on.
I hope you find something you like. ;)

10:42 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

I hate it too! For tha matter I hate wearing dresses or anything that has my legs hanging out for that matter. Capris is about as nuty as I get.

I went looking a few months back and it was awful. I think I tried on 30 dresses and I still came home with nothing. I convinced myself what I already owned was okay. People talk about the littl black dress, I have NEVER seen it.

Good luck!

1:07 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

I found my dress at Catos you might try there.

Happy Mother's Day! :)

xoxoxoxo

p.s.
I don't know they (dress makers) have to give us B.B.W. so much trouble with such lil stylish looking dresses.

1:08 PM  
Blogger L said...

Happy Mothers day Mel. ;)

2:56 PM  
Blogger Big Pissy said...

If you lived closer, I'd take you shopping!

We'd find something you like!

Trust me.

I'm a professional shopper! ;-)

I actually found the dress I wore to my daughter's wedding (last summer) at a Dillards. I had to get separates b/c I'm soooooo much bigger on bottom than top! :(

and I hate that dress Gwyneth has on in that picture!

What was she thinking?!?!?

6:54 PM  
Blogger blackcrag said...

I was going to comment, but I just don't know anything about dress shopping. I am all about grabbing whichever size of jeans fits me and a shirt that fits and catches my eye. My troubles end there.

I do enjoy being a guy.

3:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home