Wednesday, June 28, 2006


Multifocal Motor Neuropathy...

is that the doc told me today. It can mimic ALS and MS and other nerve disorders. No cure but the treatment can hopefully put it into remission. The treatment is called IVIG, and it uses plasma to help restock my antibodies to fight this ...or something like that. I dont really understand it all yet but Mr Fabulous if you are reading this it looks like I will keep your area of work in business for a while. The infusions lasts 6 hours and I have to go every day for 5 days, then a treatment once a month after. This should help me lots if his diagnosis is correct. Treatment starts july 10, he wanted to start it right away but next week is a holiday.

I am kind of in shock...although I knew something was wrong with me. I also have lupus, they found that 3 years ago when I had heart failure. I have no symptoms of Lupus yet but it is latent I guess. He says he is sure I have it, they have repeated the blood test several times. So I see another doc for that. Not sure when they are going to call me

Aint life grand?

Later

14 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

Oh my.....I'm so sorry. But it does sound like it's treatable and there is some hope?

9:51 PM  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

Whoa, talk about taking the wind out of your sails...Hope that he is right and the IVIG helps. Sorry for the news.... {{{HUGS}}}}

9:52 PM  
Blogger Big Pissy said...

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Hope your treatment goes well.

Take care :)

11:22 PM  
Blogger kattbanjo said...

wow. I feel so sohallow complaining about ,y troubles. I hope the treatment goes well.

7:13 AM  
Blogger Spider Walk said...

Awwww, Mel. I am sorry you are going through all of this. Will the Canadian be able to go with you to your appointments to keep you company?

My son has had the IVIG infussions--they aren't painful, but did cause him to vomit. I will be keeping you in my thoughts and sending TONS of HUGGERSZZZZ your way.

7:46 AM  
Blogger Not this time said...

Best wishes, Mel!
We'll be thinking of you...

9:21 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

Hugggiezzz and more Huggiezzz will be keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

10:38 AM  
Blogger L said...

Oh Mel,
I hope everything goes well, I will be thinking of you.
{{hugs}}

10:39 AM  
Blogger keeks said...

Sending you warm wishes Mel - that treatment doesn't sound like too much fun does it? Hope it will help you out though!

12:40 PM  
Blogger Tenacious T said...

So sorry, darlin'. At least now you know and can start to treat it and feel better. Hugs for you!

12:42 PM  
Blogger kristi said...

I have come to find that when it Rains in Pours. Nothing is ever simple. I really hope that it works for you.

I will be think of you.

11:32 PM  
Blogger dixiedarling said...

I hope treatment goes well and that you will let us all know how you are doing. Thinking of you!!!

12:45 PM  
Blogger S* said...

I just want you to know that I'm keeping you in my thoughts...

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that IV bag filled with beer? Or whiskey? Can I be next?

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home