Sunday, June 18, 2006


I forgot my Favorite home quote....Clicking my ruby slippers...."There's no place like Home"

I am back, we got in late last night. It was a crazy trip...14 hours in a car in 2 days. We survived, and had a very nice time. The graduation was long and boring (arent they all???) but it was wonderful too and I so glad I went. I will blog more about the graduation throughout the week, but todays Blog is all about my dad since its fathers day. I love my parents more then they know. I may be a bit screwed up in my own way but I had the best parents to guide me. I complain about my mom, she is something and sometimes we dont get along because we are both hard headed but I wouldnt trade her for anything. They are not without their flaws but I couldnt have asked for better parents. My kids could not have better grandparents. I am lucky I know to have a good relationship with my parents. Happy Fathers day Dad. I love you

Dad got his new electric wheelchair from the ALS people or the VA I am not sure which but its really cool! I tried to get a pic of him in it but you cant see the chair very well. I will try to get better pictures when I go back up in August.

Later

10 Comments:

Blogger Fantastagirl said...

I am glad you had a good trip and that you went! Your daughter is very pretty! (I'm guessing the grad is your daughter if I'm wrong sorry - either way - she is a very pretty gal!)

5:14 PM  
Blogger Big Pissy said...

I'm so glad you went and that things went well.

Your daughter is very pretty!

6:18 PM  
Blogger kattbanjo said...

Is that your daughter? very pretty!

8:35 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

14 hours in two days is a lot of hours. Sounds like you need a rest.

10:31 PM  
Blogger Spider Walk said...

Welcome home, Mel!
Your daughter is beautiful, and your dad looks like the kind of guy I would love to chat with over a cup of coffee. I bet he has some good stories to tell, doesn't he?

11:37 PM  
Blogger blackcrag said...

I'm glad to hear you got there and back safely, and enjoyed the grad. It looks like Stuff Girl was happy to see you, and happy you were there.

Sorry to red about your hospital tortures.. umm, tests... I hope this leads to an easier life for you.

4:25 AM  
Blogger Lynda said...

Glad you have a good time! I think I need to get my husband one of those chairs until he gets a new leg made. (He has an artifical foot.) The crutches are wearing down his armpits. lol.

10:11 AM  
Blogger S* said...

I'm glad you had a good trip and that graduation went well. Yay for your dad's new wheelchair (my mom has MS, so I know all about wheelchairs. Having a good one is really important).

11:11 AM  
Blogger keeks said...

Sounds like you had a good time...wonderful pictures

8:18 PM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Aww that's a nice tribute!
I'm glad you're back safe and sound!

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home