Tuesday, June 20, 2006


And now for something you'll REALLY like.....

or not, I just felt like blogging a Bullwinkle tribute. Was that the funniest cartoon ever? There are funnier ones out now but when I was growing up Bullwinkle was it. Dunno why I am thinking of that tonight. I still crack up at the shirt the moose is wearing... Wassamatta U!

I promised more about the gradution. Well it was long and boring and hot but so worth it. Stuffgirl was so excited, it was contagious! I of course cried and forgot to bring tissues as usual. The bummer of the evening was that the video camera was dead as a doornail so we didnt get video. grrrr. Oh well. We'll have it figured out by next year when Kornfan graduates.

Seeing my Ex's family for the first time in 10 years (or close to it) was pretty traumatic for me. I was all set to just ignore them since I wasnt sure what kind of greeting I would get. My divorce was BAD, it was beyond bad and pretty much I have been painted evil incarnate by my ex to anyone who would listen. I am not saying I dont deserve some what he has said but other stuff was so ridiculous it would have been funny if the situation was different. But I was very close to his family for a long long time ( we were married for 13 years) and losing them was hard for me. I loved them too plain and simple. Anyhooooooooo it was hard to ignore them and they were very nice to me...very civil and they hugged me. They actually looked glad to see me! I dont know what to think but it could have been bad and it was actually nice. My ex and his Wife did not sit with his family which I thought was strange. His new wife sure is the polar opposite from me....she is tall and skinny, in fact she looked like she has lost weight and looked almost unhealthy skinny. I cant say anything, I am sure all they all talked about was how fat I am now compared to 10 years ago. I was really especially close to my SIL (ex's brothers wife) and that was hard too. We had an odd relationship, i was always jealous of her, and come to find out she was jealous of me! I was jealous of her because she was younger, skinnier and prettier and she knew what she wanted and she always got what she wanted. She was jealous of me because I had a nice big house and that I had a girl baby first. Other than that I am not what she jealous of. But we always together 10 years ago, we spent weekends at each other houses almost every weekend. Good times. We would have "girls" weekends where the hubbys would watch the kids and we would go shopping. The last time we had a girls weekend I was awful though, I was too busy on the phone to some news friends and I acted pretty bad. I never really got a chance to apologize. I tried once but she didnt want to have anything to do with me then. OH and then there was a disasterous camping trip. One lesson learned from that....do not say to someone "oh, you should come" when other people are involved because if they take you up on it and show up everyone gets pissed! I had almost forgotten that trip, it was awful. One day I need to apologize to her if she will let me.

OK enough about that. Its been so hot this week here. I do not do very good in really hot weather, I can get overheated before I realize it. Most days its not an issue but when its really hot (99 today) I get overheated just walking to my car and thats it I will feel bad the rest of the day. Its supposed to be like this the rest of the week too! I used to LOVE summer.

I got spoiled with Hubby home off for like 4 nights but now he is back on nights tonight and it looks like 2 more weeks before he can get his normal schedule back. To fill my time and to save money I have taken up couponing again....did you know you can BUY coupons on ebay??? LOL. I have gone crazy! Its not as much fun couponing as it was the kids were living at home but sunday I saved $7 on my groceries and the way prices on groceries are going through the roof here every liitle bit helps. Anyone out there get a sunday paper and just throw away the coupons??? ACK! Dont do that send them to me LOL or sell them on ebay!

Later

6 Comments:

Blogger Lynda said...

I guess people will buy anything. lol.

I wonder if the ex's family knows that most of what he said was BS. Glad they were civil to you.

12:22 AM  
Blogger kattbanjo said...

I guess you can buy anything on ebay! Wow!

7:34 AM  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

you can sell coupons on ebay? Dang what have I been doing tossing them away?

Glad the family was nice and there wasn't too much BS to deal with.

8:34 AM  
Blogger Gary said...

Sorry about the hot weather. I have a solution for it though. It's called fall. Unfortunately, it won't be here for a few months.

3:20 PM  
Blogger kimber said...

I had an exboyfriend that made up ridiculous claims about me and my handgun (!!! what?!!!) which, thankfully, everyone recognized as complete crap. He was practially laughed off the face of the earth.

Anyway, I'm glad it went well and everyone was civil. Happy graduation, and even better, happy summertime freedom!

3:40 PM  
Blogger Spider Walk said...

I am sure most of what he has told his family was bs. It was nice to hear that they were glad to see you, and that you got hugs too. Stuff girl sure does look glowing! That was a nice graduation gift you gave her, Mel.

I used to belong to a web community where people swap coupons....It's been years since I have been there though. I wish I could remember, because it was a great site, and I save hundreds of $$ on groceries by swapping em out.

It's amazing what you can find on ebay, isn't it?

I hope the weather cools down a bit for ya kiddo. I used to love summer too, but this year it seems to be harder on me than usual. It must come with age eh? HOW DEPRESSING!!

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home