Saturday, July 15, 2006

I've had all I can takes and I cant takes no more!

naw I am not pissed off, its just that all this talk of my Popeye arm (which is back to normal in size) had me thinking of Popeye. Then this afternoon, as I was flipping through the channels HBO was showing the Popeye movie, you know the really bad one with Robin Williams. Its like I was fated to blog about Popeye. So I googled to find out more. Seems like Popeye was born in 1926 in a comic strip called Thimble Theater by Elzie Seagar. Originally it was based on Olive Oyle's family when it started, and the Popeye was brought in as a not to bright sailor. Interesting huh? He made to leap to Film in 1933 and there were almost 600 cartoons made. Thats what I remember, is the cartoons. I liked them ok, but when I was coming up there was only 3 channels (4 with PBS) and I didnt have much of a choice. Now I can see how fickle Olive was "Oh Popeye, Oh Bluto". Kinda makes you wonder why the guys kept after her. Sex appeal I guess, some gals just have it.

Well thats all my Popeye talk. Today I dont look like Popeye, I look like a Junkie! Yesterday it took 3 nurses and 6 needle sticks to get my IV started and finally they had to go under my arm, which I had TOLD them before to try cuz thats what they had to do last time i was in the hospital. I am bruised all up and down my arms. But the nurses were great. I took them a box of chocolates the last day. If I had more time I would have done something better but no one hates a box of chocolates. I feel pretty good, I am still in some pain but its tolerable, better than before. The swelling in my legs has gone down quite a bit but its still there. Of course I have not taken my lasix all week! My bad. I hate that stuff. Monday I will start taking it again but I am going back to every other day. My appointment with the Lupus doctor is in 3 weeks, I wonder what kind of torture she will have for me.

I was supposed to go to a wedding tonight but I didnt go. I can use the I need to stay at home and rest excuse. Which I do need to do because I am working all week next week because of someone's vacation. I dont mind, but it will kill me! Working sucks. Think of me slaving away. posts will probably be short and sweet next week.

Later

3 Comments:

Blogger Fantastagirl said...

Sure you do Mr. Fab, sure you do.

You have to take your Lasik! A friend of mine little girl took IVIG to help with her disease - and it worked wonders, I hope that it works great for you too! and quickly!

11:59 PM  
Blogger kristi said...

I hope that your arm gets back to normal soon.

I loved the Popeye movie!!! It was good...now we have a difference of opinions...jk

Get better soon

9:03 AM  
Blogger the not so "new" mom on the blog said...

Ok, so I have learnt something I didn't know - Thanks! You MUST take your meds and get better soon! Heres wishing you a week of good health, the working thing sucks though but take it easy anyway!

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home