Saturday, July 15, 2006

I've had all I can takes and I cant takes no more!

naw I am not pissed off, its just that all this talk of my Popeye arm (which is back to normal in size) had me thinking of Popeye. Then this afternoon, as I was flipping through the channels HBO was showing the Popeye movie, you know the really bad one with Robin Williams. Its like I was fated to blog about Popeye. So I googled to find out more. Seems like Popeye was born in 1926 in a comic strip called Thimble Theater by Elzie Seagar. Originally it was based on Olive Oyle's family when it started, and the Popeye was brought in as a not to bright sailor. Interesting huh? He made to leap to Film in 1933 and there were almost 600 cartoons made. Thats what I remember, is the cartoons. I liked them ok, but when I was coming up there was only 3 channels (4 with PBS) and I didnt have much of a choice. Now I can see how fickle Olive was "Oh Popeye, Oh Bluto". Kinda makes you wonder why the guys kept after her. Sex appeal I guess, some gals just have it.

Well thats all my Popeye talk. Today I dont look like Popeye, I look like a Junkie! Yesterday it took 3 nurses and 6 needle sticks to get my IV started and finally they had to go under my arm, which I had TOLD them before to try cuz thats what they had to do last time i was in the hospital. I am bruised all up and down my arms. But the nurses were great. I took them a box of chocolates the last day. If I had more time I would have done something better but no one hates a box of chocolates. I feel pretty good, I am still in some pain but its tolerable, better than before. The swelling in my legs has gone down quite a bit but its still there. Of course I have not taken my lasix all week! My bad. I hate that stuff. Monday I will start taking it again but I am going back to every other day. My appointment with the Lupus doctor is in 3 weeks, I wonder what kind of torture she will have for me.

I was supposed to go to a wedding tonight but I didnt go. I can use the I need to stay at home and rest excuse. Which I do need to do because I am working all week next week because of someone's vacation. I dont mind, but it will kill me! Working sucks. Think of me slaving away. posts will probably be short and sweet next week.

Later

5 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

I know why Olive was so popular, but I am sworn to secrecy...

9:06 PM  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

Sure you do Mr. Fab, sure you do.

You have to take your Lasik! A friend of mine little girl took IVIG to help with her disease - and it worked wonders, I hope that it works great for you too! and quickly!

11:59 PM  
Blogger kristi said...

I hope that your arm gets back to normal soon.

I loved the Popeye movie!!! It was good...now we have a difference of opinions...jk

Get better soon

9:03 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

I hate when nurses don't listen!! I love nurses to death, my best friend is one but sometimes you know what's best from experience, right?

As for popeye..he is the best...sorry you are ill thou..but atleast you try to smile through it all...good for you.

Be well.

12:00 PM  
Blogger NMOTB said...

Ok, so I have learnt something I didn't know - Thanks! You MUST take your meds and get better soon! Heres wishing you a week of good health, the working thing sucks though but take it easy anyway!

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home