Tuesday, July 11, 2006

I am being infused even as I type this!

Yeah its pretty cool i can bring my laptop and hook up here in this room. Its a regular hospital room, a nice one in the new womens and Childrens hospital that just opened lat year. I meant to bring my camera today and get some pics, but i forgot. I will try my cell phone but they usually turn out crappy. Bear with me i am typing with one hand, the iv is in the back of my left hand and if i move it too much buttons flash and machines beep like there is an incoming missle. they had a hard time starting the iv yesterday, stuck me in 4 different spots, but i expected it, my veins are rollers and they are tough so they tell me. they always have trouble with that. i wore the needle home last night and it was a miracle but the dogs didnt knock it out but it was ok so they just used it again today. they think they can get one more day out of this spot.

I didnt have any side effects to the gamma, so thats good. it made me tired is all. Thank goodness there was no barfing! i hate to barf, I would be terrible bulimic. I dont feel better yet, the doc said I would notice a difference after the 3rd treatment so i am keeping my fingers crossed.

The nurses have been great, really nice ladies. (no men so far) OH...this is interesting..the nurse yesterday said this gammo solution costs as much as a car!!!! and she is scared she is going to drop one. Wow...I hope my insurance pays this!

only 3 more days of this


Later

12 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

Take care Mel!! I am thinking of you.
Your doggies look so cute sleeping on their new beds. :)

1:46 PM  
Blogger kattbanjo said...

hope you feeel better soon !

3:20 PM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

I'm thinking of youuuuu Dear Mel!
I hope you have lots to keep you occupied and happy and that everything goes groovy:)

3:34 PM  
Blogger kristi said...

Glad to hear that you are doing well, you will be feeling better soon.

8:32 PM  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

I hope that it works and you are feeling better soon!

good luck with those sticks!

10:54 PM  
Blogger Big Pissy said...

Hope it all goes well for you!

I hate needle sticks :(

12:51 AM  
Blogger Tenacious T said...

Good luck and hugs to you!

12:59 AM  
Blogger Gingers Mom said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I hope you feel better soon!!

1:59 AM  
Blogger Spider Walk said...

It's good to see you in high sprits Mel.
I do remember the gamma costing A LOT when my son had his treatment. Our insurance covered most of it though...so worry not, my friend.
JUST FEEL BETTER ALREADY!!!

9:08 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

Maybe you can try to swipe some to get yourself a new car for your difficulties. There must be a black market for that kind of stuff.
Keep smiling.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Josh said...

Glad you are so chipper but just get better okay.

1:53 PM  
Blogger the not so "new" mom on the blog said...

Hey Mel, I truly hope you feel better soon - Keep thee Ol Chin Up and I will keep you in my thought! Take good care of yourself! p.s. the begginging of the story is posted! (((hugs)))

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home