Friday, July 28, 2006


Lets talk global warming...

Its back to high temps here and this is really killing me! I read on a Lupus website that one of the symptoms is a constant low grade fever and I know I have that (they checked my temp every 1/2 hour when I had my treatments) so I wonder if this is why I am hotter than everyone else seems to be?? Last night my HAIR was sweating! You know that scene in Napoleon Dynamite where Pedro shaves his head beacuse his head was so hot? I was tempted last night to shave my head. Somehow I just dont think I pull off that look, I am not Natalie Portman! But my hair is pretty long so maybe I will get it cut.

Stuffgirl had her root canal yesterday, she did fine. The dentist said it was REALLY infected though. She called me afterwards and was so numb she was slurring her words, hehe that was funny.

Wendsday morning I was pulling out of the drivethru in a local greasy spoon where I get my breakfast every morning. Across the street is a gas station. I glanced across and noticed 3 things in the space of like 3 seconds. There was a man pumping gas with his back to me and the way he was standing or something...I noticed he was sexy as hell! ( I dont usually notice men that much, part of getting older I guess), then I noticed the van looked like my Hubby's then I noticed it WAS my hubby. Yes, he still does it for me!! Dont tell him though, he will geta swelled head. Of course last night he was in one of his OCD fueled rants...that WAS not sexy. Luckily they dont happen that often anymore.

A note to a good friend, Mr Fab....Hang in there!! I am outraged for you!! Hugs from your old stomping grounds.

Later

12 Comments:

Blogger L said...

I hear you on the hair thing I am hating it being long and to hot I am ready to chop all of mine off too.

8:57 AM  
Blogger Spider Walk said...

I have been tempted to shave my head numerous times in the last few weeks. If you do it, I will too. But you have to go first...lol!!

I think it's adorable that the sexy man pumping gas was your husband! Just the opposite of what I did last winter when the kids and I saw some poor old dude on the side of the road with a broken down truck and didn't realize until we got him is was YM!!

9:27 AM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

hahaha,that's funny about noticing your hubby like that! I love how you didn't tell him,tee hee. I would have done the same thing!

A shaved head would be very cool in this weather.Easy to take care of..lol

3:08 PM  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

I think it's pretty cool - that the hubby was the sexy man - that's always good!

I know what you mean about Mr. Fab!

6:26 PM  
Blogger Me said...

No matter what, Natalie Portman (nor Demi Moore) looked good with a buzzed head. Don't do it!!! haha

p.s. That's awesome about your hubby! I hope I can still say that about mine after a few years :)

8:35 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

I want to shave my head one day. My husband won't let me. haha.

I hate being too hot.

8:58 AM  
Blogger Gary said...

Sorry about the heat. So far this year here in Houston, summer temps have been about normal.

That's pretty funny about your hubby. Good story.

Hope you are having a nice weekend.

9:30 AM  
Blogger kattbanjo said...

i have also beeen tempted to shave the head. myhair is almost to my butt and REALLY hot! I feel like i have an electric blanket on my back!

8:07 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

You can pull off bald, I know it. I run a low fever all the time too. Makes it hard to figure out if I am realy sick.

So I am anxiously awaiting pics of the hubby now ;)

1:41 AM  
Blogger Josh said...

Spider walk - LMAO!! You are awful, I can only aspire to be so terrible hahaha

1:43 AM  
Blogger kimber said...

These post-pregnancy hormones are causing my hair to fall out by the handful, and I'm seriously considering shaving my head -- start out with a clean slate, as it were. But then, I'll be bald like the baby, and it would just be too ridiculous for us to have the same haircut.... but if you want moral support, Mel, you'll get it from me. Go for it. :)

5:17 PM  
Blogger S* said...

How cute about the hubby!

And I've shaved my head before (not completely bald but almost). It is wonderfully liberating and soooo nice and cool in the summer. But horrible in the winter..lol

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home