Wednesday, July 19, 2006



Balloons are purdy....and working for a living still sucks...and I really hates Fleas.

I took these pictures with my cell phone on the way to work this morning. My cell phone doesnt take take the best pictures, I will try to remember my camera tomorrow but I bet I dont see any balloons tomorrow! There is a balloon competition in town, they come twice a year and I just LOVE seeing them. Even makes going to work more bearable. I know I bitch and moan about working, but honestly I did not used to be this way. I have worked full time all of my adult life and never complained. But now its such an effort to get to work these days...my body doesnt work at all some days. My work itself is ok, not hard and I dont hate that but its just hard for me to put one foot in front of another some days. I hate this. BUT balloons are pretty and who can complain with that view in the sky?

We are waging war on Fleas here. I hate them...they are evil and they are clever too. They have overcome everything we have tried so far (frontline, capstar, bombs for the house, shampoos, sprays) but we will not give in. We have a begun a full out tactical aasualt...we will not be overcome!!! I would prefer an invasion of frogs at this point!

Today's movie line text message

"
Whats a bite on the butt among friends?"

Who knows what movie...this one is EASY!

7 Comments:

Blogger Zambo said...

Hi Mel.

Hopefully your arms are feeling better.

I really liked that Chad Vader movie! I hadn't seen it before.

I believe that movie quote is from "Madagascar".

Take care out there, Mel!

Your Pal,

Zambo.

P.S.
(I hear you about work sucking)...

12:21 AM  
Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

I've had fleas.

You need to fumigate. Put your pets in boarding overnight, wash, vacuum, clean every surface in your house.

Wait three weeks.

Repeat. The fumigation won't kill flea eggs, so you have to wait 2->3 weeks, then fumigate again to make sure you get 'em.

It's a PITA ...

... but it works.

3:39 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

Thanks Snay...will take all the advice we can.

Zambo, You got the movie quote! Although I think I may have misquoted, I think its a "little bite on the butt" Good to see you! My son is named after Alex P Keaton but I cannot remember what SCUBA meant.

7:19 AM  
Blogger Me said...

Wow, those pics are way cool!

I am sorry about the fleas. They gross me out too and luckily we've only had minor incidences of them. I'm nervous with the new dog coming though. Crossing my fingers......

8:40 AM  
Blogger the not so "new" mom on the blog said...

Hi Mel - Hope you are feeling better! Fleas - they are a real pain, have you tried putting baby powder on yr animals - that works too, otherwise you must do the fumigation thing - It is a real schlepp but will probably be most effective! Good Luck

3:11 PM  
Blogger Spider Walk said...

I love the balloon pics. It reminds me of the ballon festival that we used to go to every year.

I am sorry you feel so crappy all of the time sweetie. When your body hurts, your WHOLE world tends to hurt too. I wish there was some way I could help you.

OMG...I didn't realize fleas could be so bad. We haven't ever had a problem with them....*knock on wood*

Huggerzzz...

3:59 PM  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

Hope you are feeling better - balloons are always great!

Sorry to hear about the fleas - we have had Sammy for 7 years and have been very lucky - no fleas...

12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home