Sunday, July 30, 2006


Satellite Radio rocks!!

I spent the weekend with my gals. my 2 best friends. Its ALWAYS a good time when we all get together. I could get jealous because they live close to each other and do lots more together. I live an hour away from them and cant do as much. We ate alot, shopped, went to a movie and ate ice cream. I really overdid myself, especially shopping. We only went to Goodys, and they had an extra 50% off clearance. I got 2 shirts and 2 pairs of shoes for $25. But just that shopping wore me out. I love bargains! I love my friends. I was thinking about Oprah and her friend Gayle, and people saying that they are gay because they see each other so often and call each other several times a day. Well I must be gay then, because I cannot go for more then 2 days without talking to my 2 friends!!

I have been wanting satillite radio for at least 3 years but Hubby doesnt think I need it.....grrr. I have blogged before about the suckass radio stations here in hicksville. I am used to big city radio and frankly I am always surprised that they can get away with the level of crap on the radio here. I really want it for work, for some reason I have no reception in my office. Its an old old building in downtown, and I have no idea why I cannot get reception. I can get plenty of religious or country music stations....UCK! One of the excuses hubby uses for me not getting satillite radio is I probably will not have reception on that either. He may have a point I just dont know. But I will know tomorrow :) B lent me her husbands radio to try out and see if it works at work. They have 2 other revievers and they would rather use their ipods anyway so I lucked out. It had been so long since he used this reciever that she had to call xm and get them to reset it. I am listening to it now...........its AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am loving no commercials and I loving the variety. All kinds of new music is at my fingertips!!! Do you know they have an all broadway tunes channel???? They have everything! I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!! I want! Gimme gimme! hahaha.

My pain level seems to increase every day. I dont know how people can handle constant pain, I know I am not doing so well with it. I try to carry on like nothings wrong but it gets harder each day. I now am hoping the Lupus doc will have some treatments for me that may work.

Liz wanted a pic of Hubby, I think I posted this one before but I am not sure. Its the day he picked up his Harley from the dealer. The day we went broke LOL. There ya go Liz!

Later.

13 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

I think it's so ridiculous people saying Oprah and Gayle are gay. A girl needs her girlfriends!

10:33 PM  
Blogger Sherry said...

All of us girls need girlfriends... it's the way we are.

I love Goody's. The closest one to us is in Mobile about an hour away.

BTW ~ I've moved my blog.

11:05 PM  
Blogger keeks said...

Sounds like a great time to me! And I know that hubby appreciates me doing this kinda stuff without him, so of course I'd do it with my best friends lol.

I don't know how people live with chronic pain either...lots of pain drugs I'd think...scary stuff

2:09 AM  
Blogger kristi said...

I have XM and I love it. If you get one your membership also includeds the internet XM too you can listen to it on your computer if it doesn't pick up at work. Both my husband and I have XM in both our vehicles I also have the radio I can plug my reciever into.

As for Oprah and her friend Gayle. My best friend Alison and I are the same way, we talk everyday and are always hanging out together. I think every woman needs a best female friend and male friend (husband). I think that Oprah is just too perfect that they would love to find somehting wrong with her

9:59 AM  
Blogger nicki said...

i would be lost without my friends...hahaha..as i think all of us girls would :) my best friend is a guy tho...so i don't have the issue of being called gay...just, everyone thinks we're an item..hahahah i hope you get your very own radio, and that your pain subsides a little bit soon mel...heart you :) *hugs*

10:57 AM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

I LOVE my Sirius radio,love it,love it,love it.
Would DIE without it,lol
Regular radio sucks now;p

Mmhmmm,I agree about friends. I must be gay too!

2:29 PM  
Blogger kattbanjo said...

personally i dont care who is gay and whos not. I dont know why the media makes such a big deal. If it is two happy CONSENTING adults then I say let 'em have at it baby. You bought shoes?? ANy crocs???

But that's just me.

I loove the mexican mariachi music on XM radio. my favorite! heh!

5:55 PM  
Blogger Me said...

Ok, sorry but I didn't get the comment you left me!!! Are you talking about Pink the singer? I'm clueless :)

9:27 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Yea. Pain sucks. It sucks ass.

11:13 PM  
Blogger Tenacious T said...

I love my girlfriends! They are the best.
I'm sorry for your pain. Hope you can get the XM radio to help you through it!

12:42 AM  
Blogger the not so "new" mom on the blog said...

I have many friends and one special girlfriend (we have been buds since pre-school)! and no I are not gay!

3:01 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

Ya know, it is ok to be happy with your girlfriends.

Happy is what gay means, right?

12:09 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

Those are some great shopping deals. Love the pic. Looks like he is missing his motorcycle mama though :)

12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home