Monday, August 07, 2006


5 days in the hospital...frankly I would have rather been in Vegas.

Went to the ER Wendsday night, it was very surreal. Doc telling me I could die from the blood clot, while the lady in the next bed was in the ER because she was "despressed and just couldnt get out of bed in the morning". Now while I know that depression is a serious medical issue, I was a being told I might die while she was sobbing (very loud) that she hated her job. It was strange. Anyway they sent her home and admitted me at like 2 am. I was on complete bedrest (I was not even allowed to get up to to the bathroom) until yesterday. I was BORED and scared at the same time! Fri am the doc comes in and says my heart is racing and that means the blood clot has moved....ack! He really scared me that day too. But all is ok now, my blood is really thin now. Do you know thet give you shots in your stomache for this?????? It wasnt bad though, I dont mind shots. I hate IVs though and I had those too.

They seem to think its genetically related since my dad had clots when he was in his 40s too. I am on coudmadin and they took my estrogen away from me so I will be bitchy. But at least I am here..........

I watched alot of TV and read 6 books. I have lost 10 lbs, the food was awful and the coumadin is making my appetite nonexistent...which is not a bad thing!!! I feel so bad I couldnt update my blog. Since Hubby doesnt know about this blog, I couldnt ask him to do it. I would rather him not know about this anyway.

Anyway, thats how my week was. I missed my parents 50th anniversary party that was saturday in Virginia but my kids went. My parents loved it even though I wasnt there. I paid for 1/2 of it (with my brother) so it really sucks I couldnt go. But like I said before I am here so I will not complain.

Later



8 Comments:

Blogger the not so "new" mom on the blog said...

Glad to hear you are ok! I started getting a bit worried! Hospital food - Yuck!!!! Sorry to hear you missed your parents party! but at least you are ok!!!!

5:02 PM  
Blogger Spider Walk said...

Thank GOD you are alright.
I was so terribly worried about you.

I know it sucks to be in the hospital all that time, and to miss your parents party..but DAMNIT--You are precious and important!
Thank you so much for posting to let us all know what was going on. You know how I worry. I hate to admit it, but I was thinking the worst. I HATE when I do that.

Welcome Home MEL!!

XXXOOXOXOX

7:21 PM  
Blogger The Absent Minded Housewife said...

Wow, good thing they caught it before it decided move someplace!

My Dad suffers clots too. He thought his leg pain was from a hernia. (Not a bad guess, some of it was from a hernia.) His decided to move and didn't even give two weeks notice.

He's fine now. Coumadin makes him need sweaters.

Get a nice massage will you? It's good for the muscles and stuff.

7:46 PM  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

So glad you are doing better. Sorry to hear that you missed your parents party, and were in the hospital for all that time. But you do have to take care of yourself!!

9:05 PM  
Blogger Zambo said...

Hey Mel.

I hope you're feeling better...

(Your "Land of the Lost"/Lukas comparison really cracked me up...It's so true)...

Take care out there, Mel!

Your Pal,

Zambo.

11:34 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

Mel I am really starting to worry about you. Please take care of yourself and do what the doc says.

11:59 PM  
Blogger nicki said...

awww mel..i didn't even know you were in the hospital..i have to start making my rounds more frequently...bla...i hope that you just keep on gettin better and better :)

big hugs for YOU!!! *squish*

2:37 PM  
Blogger keeks said...

Oh.my.god. MEL! I was out of town all weekend, sincerely hope you're doing better!

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home