Saturday, September 16, 2006


Today I am older and wiser.....

OK maybe not wiser. But older, although officially not until 11;55 tonight. Yes I was born at the witching hour. I dont know what that means.

Hubby is working (SUCKS) so I am going to lunch with my gals. B picked Cheeseburger in Paradise ( her birthday was Tuesday) and I have been wanting to try it out. I wonder what they serve there haha??? I have a drive an hour to get there though. I hope the pain in my legs wont be too bad coming back. My pain has been increasing every day. The pain pills the doc gave that I swore I wouldnt take because I dont want to become addicted? I took one every night this week except for one. Luckily its not a constant pain but it worse when I am on my feet for any length of time.

I didnt mean to get into that this morning. But its a part of my life now, what fun huh? I am even more depressed because they found a spot on my dad's lung this week. He is having more tests to determine what it is but I am braced for more bad news. So is he, I could tell from his voice when he called me.

BUT I am going to go eat a cheeseburger and I know those gals will cheer me up, when we get together its almost embarrassing we laugh so much! People look at us funny. I dont care, it my birthday and its all about ME today haha!! If I had a tiara I would wear it!

Later

11 Comments:

Blogger Doctor Momâ„¢ said...

First of all, Happy Birthday Mel!

Secondly, don't worry yet about your Dad's spot on his lungs. Let the physicians do what they need to do to figure it out.

Often it is benign (not a problem) and just bears watching.

I'm sorry to hear about your back pain. There is much evidence to support a stringent physical therapy regimen to heal back pain.

8:37 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

Hey Dr mom.

I know I shouldnt worry about my dad this soon. I hope its benign.

I have nerve pain in my legs in feet from multifocal motor Nueropathy. Or at least thats what they think it is. I am having a punch biopsy in 2 weeks. I was on IVIV treatment for 3 months and it got worse and my pain and numbness is up to my knees now. No back pain though thank goodness!! My dad also has this, so they are thinking its hereditary.

I also have had heart failure. I wont tell you about the Lupus. LOL My medical history is quite the read! I am just lucky I guess.

9:21 AM  
Blogger Doctor Momâ„¢ said...

Oh my goodness..
Much different than back pain... my mistake.

How did you develop heart failure?

(only asking because my specialty is cardiovascular)

11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, look, I can comment! Yea!

Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday dear Mel
Happy birthday to youuuuuuuuu!!

I sincerely hope by this time next year your back pain, your lupus, all of it, will be done and over with, and you will once again be returned to good health.

Thanks for making it possible for me to comment, Mel.

6:36 PM  
Blogger kimber said...

I hope you're birthday is a happy one, your cheeseburger was truely divine, and that someone gives you a tiara as a present!

1:08 AM  
Blogger the not so "new" mom on the blog said...

Hi Mel and Happy Birthday - Sorry I am a bit late! Hope you enjoyed the cheeseburger, sorry hubby had to work! Hope you are feeling better!

2:05 PM  
Blogger keeks said...

Happy belated birthday! Hope you had an awesome day, and cheeseburger :)

8:38 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

Soory I missed it :(

Happy belated birthday!!!

8:44 PM  
Blogger LunaChick said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Mel!
I am trying to catch up with everyone this morning.
That restaurant looks very nice...from the outside. I hope you enjoyed your cheeseburger and had a great time with your gals :)

7:54 AM  
Blogger LunaChick said...

P.S
I will be thinking of your dad. I hope all is well and he get's noting but positive feedback.
(((Huggerzzzz)))

7:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Our bdays are two days apart!

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home