Monday, September 11, 2006


2918.

Its been 5 years. Hard to believe. F-Zed posted what she was doing when she heard and was curious as to what everyone else was doing. I was at work, at the same job I am now but before we moved downtown. I didnt have the radio on that day. It was quiet for a change, I shared on office with Miss mouth of the south and she wasnt there and I was enjoying thw quiet. Then I noticed that she had been gone for a long time and and went to see where everyone was. They were in another department glued to the radio. I asked what was going on and they told me. This was before the second plane hit. I couldnt process what they were telling me and I thought what a sick joke and what is the punchline? No punchline. No punchline at all.

Its still hard for me to understand how people can so much hatred that they can do things like this. Hatred for people that they never met. I still dont undertand.


10 Comments:

Blogger LunaChick said...

I was gutting my daughter's closet when it happened. My best friend called me on the phone and told me to turn on the TV. I couldn't believe my eyes and ears.
Then the search for my brother who works there began...

8:01 AM  
Blogger poody said...

I was watching the morning news as usual drinking coffee. I was watching with my friend Jana on the phone as the 2nd plane hit the towers. It was a surreal event to say the least. I still cry when I think of it.

5:29 PM  
Blogger poody said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:29 PM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

I was sleeping and my mum called us and screamed into the phone"turn on your TV!!"
Ugh,horrible day...

6:20 PM  
Blogger X said...

I don't think any of us will understand....or forget where were were when it happened.

6:42 PM  
Blogger Sherry said...

I was at work also and it came on the radio. We all went to the break room and watch the news as the 2nd plane hit. I went into my normal panic mode, calling everyone and telling them I loved them.

9:33 PM  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

I don't understand either. I don't know why there has to be so much hate. But as a parent I am doing all I can to raise my children to be loving people.

11:03 PM  
Blogger Spider Girl said...

I was getting ready for work and then my mother called and said to turn on the television...

12:34 AM  
Blogger the not so "new" mom on the blog said...

I was outside in the garden when my mom phoned me - did not have the t.v connected at that time so turned on the radio and was mortified at what I heard!

8:27 AM  
Blogger keeks said...

I was in my room at the university residences getting ready for class and the news came on the radio. Couldn't believe what I was hearing, went to class and no one else had heard, it was creepy, I almost thought maybe I'd dreamt it. By lunch everyone was talking about it.

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home