Thursday, November 23, 2006


I'll be gone for a while

The weather was so bad on the east coast yesterday we decided not to drive, instead I am flying to Virginia tonight. I really didn't want to pay that kind of money but at least leaving on thanksgiving day actually seems to have saved me some. I haven't flown since 9/11 so I have all the new rules to abide by. I am planning on staying until Dec 2nd. I decided if I have to pay this much for transportation I am gonna stay a while, and my brother is VERY grateful I will be there, poor guy he is having to do it all and is getting worn down.

Dad is about the same from what I understand, actually I am getting 2 different versions of how is he from my mom and my brother. Today they were planning on getting a speech therapist and a physical therapist to see him to plan on course of treatment, also they said they would move him out of ICU so that's good, right? I a concerned about their finances, dad handled all that because mom just cant anymore and even told I told him he needed to give power of attorney to someone in case something happened to him he but he didn't , so I need to go through all that. I don't think mom will like it but oh well. OH the picture is dad and Stuffgirl out celebrating her graduation last June.

I am having thanksgiving dinner with my friend and her family and she is going to take me to the airport. I wont be in Virginia until 10:48 and have to catch a ride home with the airport shuttle. I will have computer access on dads computer so I'll be able to post some but I doubt I'll have time to read or comment on other blogs.

Happy thanksgiving! Gobble gobble!!

Later

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING MEL! All the best to you and your family! I have been thinking alot about you today!!!! I sincerely hope all goes well with your visit - Keep us posted with your dads progress please! Take Care

12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving Mel I will keep you and yours in my thoughts and prayers.

12:49 PM  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

Glad you are able to go and be with your Dad. Will be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. Big Hugs!

1:23 PM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Happy ThanksGiving!
I'll be thinking of you!!
Stay safe!

1:36 PM  
Blogger MommaMonkey said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm glad you're going to be able to spend a good amount of time with your dad and mom. I'm sure your help and support will be a true blesing to them. It is a good sign that the therapists will be checking on him. The sooner he is able to start therapy, the better chances of recovery are going to be. My dad still goes to therapy twice a week, and it has really helped leaps and bounds. I'm praying for him, and you!

7:43 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

You will feel better when you see him for yourself. If you have a joint account, you mom can name a power of attorney. My grandma had to learn how to balance her checkbook when my grandpa died.

Good luck, Mel! I will be thinking of you!!

1:35 AM  
Blogger kimber said...

Happy thanksgiving to you, and best wishes to you and your family! HUGS!

4:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be thinking of you and your Dad Mel....

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home