Saturday, November 25, 2006

The waiting game.

I am in Virginia at my parents house, its not looking very good now. He may not come out of this. He is not responding, we dont even know if he knows we are there. He is still in ICU, and the doctors say we are just waiting for the swelling to come down in his brain and then they will know more. My mom is crazy, one minute she is talking about bringing him home and then in the very same breath she talks about what clothes to lay out for him to wear at his funeral!

Its awful to see him like this, I cannot even describe how awful. My dad is so full of life, a jokester and a fighter. I told him today I expected him to fight this and come back to us.

Needless to say all cancer treatments are on hold.

His computer is dialup, so trying to read my blogs is frustrating, I can read a couple before I give up. I love my pogo and it wont work on his computer, something with the Java. Pogo relaxs me when I am stressed, so I am trying to get it work. No pogo and no blogs!! ARGGGG

Anyway, thats what is going on with me. I miss my Canadian and my doggies!! The kids are here though so I am spending lots of time with them. Will update when I can

Later

11 Comments:

Blogger MommaMonkey said...

Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry to hear your dad is not making the progress you hoped for. I've been praying for him and your family, and will continue to do so. ((((hugs))))

8:37 PM  
Blogger fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

You, your dad, and all your family are in my prayers.

9:17 PM  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

BIG HUGS to you and yours...sending positive thoughts to your Dad.

10:07 PM  
Blogger Doctor Momâ„¢ said...

Mel-- you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Please drop an email if I can help in anyway-- clarify something for you, help you understand a medication or treatment.

Remember to take care of YOU in all of this... the stress isn't good for you, so get rest and don't forget to eat and take time away from the bedside to feed your soul

10:33 PM  
Blogger L said...

Oh Mel, I am just now reading this, I will say a prayer tonight for you and your family.
{{{hugs}}}

12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mel, I am so sorry all this is happening. But as an old ICU nurse I will tell you that hearing is one of the last things t go on a person so even if he cannot respond he does hear you and he will respond more to voices he hears than to strangers so your being there is helping. I have had patients tell me they could hear voices but they were far away. Next time you see him try talking a bit louder is all. I am sending you lots of love and prayers to keep you strong fro your momma.I love you gal!!

12:11 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

It sounds like your mom is hoping for the best and preparing for the worst. Just keep talking to your dad. He should be in good hands.

1:58 PM  
Blogger Me said...

Hang in there sweetheart.

9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and your family Mel.

Glad you're getting to enjoy some time with your kids too.

10:31 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

{{{{{hugs}}}}}

}}}}}SENDING POSITIVE
VIBES YOUR WAY{{{{{

12:19 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home