Tuesday, January 16, 2007


How do you mend a broken heaaartttt....

Stuffgirl and the long hair guy (that finally did get a haircut)broke up last Tuesday, and she has been a wreck. She was too upset to go to work on Thursday, she has been calling me LOTS. She is brokenhearted, and this jerk of a guy is now dating a freaking 16 year old from what I understand. He could get arrested for that cant he?? I am trying to be supportive and I remember how bad my first break up was. I have been through this before with her with the same guy, they dated a year ago and he broke up with her to be with another girl and pretty much as soon as Stuffgirl got over him and started the dating the cute guy with the military haircut, here he came again wanting to get back together and she dumped cute military haircut guy.

I am worried, she seems ok and then she is calling me in tears again. Last night she called me at 12:30 am! "oh were you asleep??" So she ruins another good nights sleep (I am keeping track from babyhood on, my favorite moment was when she was about 5 I woke up to her running down the hall to my bedroom, leaning over and looking at me barfing all over me) It hurts me to hear the pain her voice, and I cant do anything about this one. Its part of growing up. I guess. The lesson here is never EVER trust a teenage boy and turn the ringer off your phone.

Later

13 Comments:

Blogger Lynda said...

If he comes around again, she should tell him to stuff it. I don't think it is illegal for him to date a 16 year old, just if they...you know...play naked Twister or something.

How old is he?

9:26 PM  
Blogger MommaMonkey said...

Aww, poor stuffgirl. Boys suck, especially when they break girls' hearts. I'm sure you want to do all you can for her, and just being there for her is probably the best thing you can do. Even if it is in the middle of the night. I hope she finds someone else soon, someone who is perfect for her.

10:02 PM  
Blogger nicki said...

hearts break..and hearts mend..it just never feels like it will :( your girl is definitely a beauty, she'll be fine i think :) and she's lucky to have a mom like you that she can talk to :) *hugs*

10:12 PM  
Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

I think it depends on his age and if they're, y'know, swapping bodily fluids.

1:31 AM  
Blogger Scarlet said...

Males are the most dysfunctional thing on this planet! (this coming from a guy)

Twice he has gone to be with a young play thing. All trust must be gone. Give her time. Show her respect, understanding and wisdom. You have it in you Mel.

5:50 AM  
Blogger Angel said...

What the HECK?!?!!? All I got was a bunch of symbols in that post....no letters, no words....just symbols. Is it in code and I don't have the de-coder ring?

7:30 AM  
Blogger Me said...

Poor girl. I remember that like it was yesterday. I just want to say though, be glad she calls you for this stuff. I would have never talked to my mom about this sort of thing, but really would have loved to. I just didn't feel comfortable doing it.

7:53 AM  
Blogger Katherine said...

Oh sad! The angst of young love does sucketh. I don't think there's anything you can really do except be supportive like you are.

8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That dude is a jerk. Seems he wants to have the fun but he's making sure she doesn't.

If you tell her, she might get all mad? I don't know how young girls act in these situations so I'm shutting my mouth right now.

9:47 AM  
Blogger poody said...

I don't get it either Beth! All symbols and no decoder ring for me!

11:21 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Found you at Me's place...

Mannnnnn, my hubby and I just had this conversation last night...we decided that to protect our kids from mental, physical and psychological we would just build a house on the back of our property so they could live there forever and be sheltered.

Yeah, my kids are 1 and 3 so we have some time.

I remember those hear-broken days too well...much Ben & Jerry's ice cream to Stuffgirl...

2:00 PM  
Blogger Sherry said...

Mel~ I can't seem to read the post... it's all signs and symbols? I swear, I'm not even drinking! :)

4:23 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

I have no idea what is going on, damn you blogger! I see the giberish too when I try to edit this post. I dunno how to fix it. grrrrrr

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home