Monday, January 01, 2007


Its 2007 bitches!!! My year my year my year!

I have been complaining last year was so bad for me and how 2007 things are gonna turn around but after thinking about it there were so many good things about 2006 too. My daughter graduated High School against all odds with her learning disorder. My son met Royce Gracie and is training to do fight in whatever that style of fighting is (LOL I know so much about it) and has won a bunch of bouts, whatevers. My Parents had a kick ass 50th wedding anniversary party, even if I was in the hospital and couldn't attend. I am so glad they had that. And the wicked witch evil boss from Hell quit which made my job go from hellish to a really nice place to work.

It was a bad year too, from my
Gamma treatments to my ongoing decreased ability to be mobile, to my blood clot and several hospital stays. Then Dad's cancer and stroke, and then his funeral.

But all in all I
don't have much to complain about, I have a husband who is the best ever (even if he drives me crazy sometimes), who has stuck with me even though at one point I told him to go find him a healthy woman. My dogs are all healthy, I have a nice house and all kinds of gadgets to amuse me. My kids are both healthy, what more could I ask for?

The best part of the year has been blogging. It helps me so much to write things out and when I started I found a whole community of
bloggers and made some friends along the way. I love reading other peoples blogs, and I love when I get comments on mine.

So While I am declaring 2007 as MY year I am
willing to share, lets all have a great year OK?

Later

7 Comments:

Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

Mel with 'tude ON!
2OK7.
Blogon Girl.

8:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's hoping you have a much healthier year! I'm still trying to read all your prior entries ... you've been writing a long time!

This is going to be my year too. It's going to be a healthier, happier year. Or dammit, someone's gonna pay!

8:27 PM  
Blogger MommaMonkey said...

Great attitude, and I'm sure it IS going to be YOUR year! Happy new Year!

9:25 PM  
Blogger Zed said...

Mel, I'll share 2007 with you as "our year." For myself, I'm hoping for good things and major self-improvements.

I'm hoping I'm more tolerant with those who make me crazy, and kinder to those who are not always kind to me (kill 'em with kindness, I say). I hope to reach out more, listen better, panic less, exercise more, eat less--hey, I feel a blog comin' on! :)

My new philosophy is a very old one: Life is what you make it. And while I have already been blessed with so many good things in life, I want to be less of a "receiver" and more of a "doer." I hope by the end of the year I can look back and say, "You did okay this year, kid."

I wish you restored health and a great--no, an enormous--amount of happiness in 2007, Mel. It's OUR year.

1:47 AM  
Blogger poody said...

I'm with ya sister!

1:15 PM  
Blogger Katherine said...

It's a deal, sistah!

2:44 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

Happy New Year!!

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home