Tuesday, December 19, 2006


Personal space...is it too much to ask for???

I know I ended that in a preposition, but I am a rebel that way! Anyways, the other day I had to get one for my many prescriptions refilled and as my usual procrastinating self I waited until I was completely out. I get to the drugstore and there is this crowd waiting for their drugs too. There were 4 chairs and kids were sitting in 2 of them.! There were older folk waiting and me who looks perfectly healthy on the outside but cannot stand for even a short time without being in pain, or better yet my legs collapsing out from under me. Thats really embarrasing in public. But my point is, its just Freaking RUDE for parents to let kids sit in chairs when there are old people around that need to sit down! My mom would have smacked me for this but these parents are sitting with kids ignorning the 80 year old man with the cane! Pissed me off. OK so the crowd starts to thin and most everyone has left so I do take one of the chairs and sit down before I fall. I am sitting there quietly waiting and minding my own business when this woman sits next to me. She leans over to me REALLY close and starts stroking my sweatshirt!! She says "OH I just love your shirt where did you get it?" I am trying to pull away but those chairs are close and there was no escape. But get this, I was wearing a plain grey sweatshirt, Hanes or something but everyone has one of these. It was nothing special about it!! In fact it was my "schelp" around the house sweatshirt. Luckily, the drugstore lady called my name so I was able to get away from the sweatshirt stroker. Why is it always me?? WHY???

Later

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is this very reason why I chose a pharmacy with a drive-thru window. I have no tolerance for ignorant, inconsiderate people. And, unfortunately, I also can not stand for more than a few minutes myself. I have my cane to use, but sometimes it's just not enough.

And invading my personal space will cause me to freak out. Big time.

7:42 AM  
Blogger Me said...

Hmmm, that was weird! I would have probably given her a very confused look!

8:49 AM  
Blogger Zambo said...

Hey Mel.

It's only a matter of time before everything falls apart, I'm afraid...(Then the apes shall rise)...

If I could, I would restrict my dealings with the general public...

Anyway, enough holiday cheer for now...

Take care out there, Mel.

Stay cool.

Your Pal,

Zambo.

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe you have a kind face?

10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL I guess you are just that petable! At least they ain't poking ya with a stick sis! I woulda told one of them kids to get up and let a girl rest! I know what you mean tough they are rude these days. I guess this is what comes of a generation raised with no discipline or consequences. You know Dr. Spock's son killed his self!What does that tell you?

12:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, that lady needed her drugs fast! She was obviously seeing things or something.

And yeah, I think I would have been pretty angry about the kids sitting in the chairs, and not allowing the older folks to have a seat.

12:31 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

Well....


Where did you get your sweatshirt? ROFL!

I hate when strange people touch me or just get to close in general. Next time tell her you have severe claustraphobia.

5:04 PM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

ACK!
You must have a kind welcoming face.
Try walking around with a scowl more often;p
I hate touchers,uck.

5:48 PM  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

I can't stand it when someone I don't know touches me - now, if I met you in person I'd give you a hug, cause I feel like I know you - but...to just touch a complete stranger - EWWWW!!!

10:05 PM  
Blogger Spider Girl said...

I wrote a post sometime last year about how I was in a store changing room (one of those ones with the curtain, no door) trying on jeans.

When all of a sudden a woman who was a total stranger swept open my curtain and pirouetted in her pants saying, "What do you think? Do they grey ones look okay?"

And no, she hadn't mistaken me for a friend in the next stall. Bizarreness. I understand about sweatshirt strokers, believe me.

11:11 AM  
Blogger keeks said...

Oh wow...none of my bus stories compare to that...yet. lol

1:01 AM  
Blogger Zed said...

What a day you had! I almost went ballistic once when my sister was alive and she looked absolutely awful--it was soooooo obvious that this was a sick woman--and same thing: a woman with two kids took up 3 seats while my sister struggled to keep standing. The woman with the children just ignored my stares so I bent very low and whispered to her: "My sister is extremely ill with cancer. Can she have one of the seats your children are occupying? They're healthy; she's not."

The woman looked at me, then looked forward and ignored me. It took everything in me not to lunge at her. What an unfeeling human being!

Okay, now I'm aggravated. Again. :)

As for the "touching" woman, that's just weird. Maybe she was lusting after you?

1:44 AM  
Blogger Scarlet said...

Teri - damn!! that "lady" needed a good kick in the arse!!!!

Mel - what you needed to do was cough, long, hard and phlemy on her hand!

4:32 AM  
Blogger Little Blue Petal said...

Creepy sweatshirt stroker! That is hilarious! She must have run out of her meds. Or maybe, you are just underestimating your allure in grey fleece. LOL

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home