Friday, December 29, 2006


What me worry?


My mom is a constant worrier. She worries about small stuff, big stuff, anything at all. She worries about stuff that has not happened yet. Its a wonder the woman doesn't have an ulcer or something! Growing up with her (she has always been that way) has made me an unworrier. I don't worry about stuff that much. It used to drive my ex husband crazy that I wouldn't worry about bills. Whats the point? Maybe if I was close to being homeless I would worry about bills more. I owe so much money to the hospital and various docs I would be sick if I thought about it all the time. I don't resent owing this money, they saved my life more than once and I appreciate that. I am not like my mom. She worries about EVERYTHING. Case in point....she had an appointment with the social security office yesterday at 2:00. She lost the letter they sent her (she loses stuff too) and worried all day yesterday she was missing the appointment until my brother came to drive her. I talked to my brother last night and he said he doesn't worry about stuff either.


I don't know where I am going with this post, except just trying to understand why I don't worry. Its because I saw my mom making herself sick over stupid stuff growing up. Its not making any sense but I am posting it anyway and I wont worry about it.



Later

8 Comments:

Blogger Angel said...

you have a very healthy attitude by not worrying. It is so stressful and does horrible things to yur body and mind...I know...I tend to worry a little too much.

Good for you!

9:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I adore that you don't worry!
My mother was a manic worrier and I go back and forth from not worrying at all to teetering on the edge of a panic attack,ugh.
You are so smart! What's your secrect? Does it come naturally??

12:29 PM  
Blogger Kelli said...

Im a total worrier. I cant help it. I will find something to worry about. Thankfully I have surrounded myself with calm people who dont freak out so they can talk me down if necessary.

2:21 PM  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

Don't worry, be Happy!

5:42 PM  
Blogger Little Blue Petal said...

It is great that you can be so serene about everything! Kudos!
It sounds as if your Mum worries enough for all of you anyway :-)

8:18 PM  
Blogger Spider Girl said...

I come from two parents who WORRY.

And so it was fairly natural that I became a worrier too. For years, and even through my early grownup years.

But somewhere along the way I worried less and less. I'm rather glad of it. Much healthier not to. :)

12:31 AM  
Blogger Bob said...

I used to worry all the time. Then I turned to drugs and now I don't worry as much.

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She sounds like me ... and it's not something I'm saying because I'm proud of being such a worrywart. I'm worried about being such a worrywart. Yeah, it's a vicious circle.

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home