Monday, March 19, 2007


Movie review monday...

So yeah today sucked, It was your typical monday. Its also my team's week on answering the phones and I talked to more old people that cannot hear today. Now I ask you, if you know you cannot hear then why even make phone calls? I should be nicer I will be old one day and my hearing is not great now so I know I will hard of hearing! Speaking of older people, my brother calls me today...here is the conversation

Me: Hello
Brother : are you sick?
Me: NO why?
Him: so you are not in the hospital again?
Me: No why?
Him: call mom she is worried sick because you havent called her in days
Me: I just talked to her Saturday!
Him: She was my house Saturday
Me: yes I know I called there and talked to DB (his wife) and then to mom, while you were at work.
Him: Oh. Well, she is all worried so call her
Me: ok.

And so I call mom and she is telling me she was so worried she made herself sick! So I tell her I talked to your Saturday. You did? She said, I don't remember. Makes me wanna scream sometimes ARGGGG!

Anyway, hubby and I watched The Illusionist last night. I really liked it. The settings were lush and romantic, the acting was really good. I am surprised it was not nominated for anything. I loved the story, romance and drama, with a surprise twist. And Edward Norton, I don't think I have ever seen him in any bad film, he really makes you feel that he is the character, more so than almost any actors out there these days. Anyway, check it out, its worth it, a wonderful movie.

Later

4 Comments:

Blogger MommaMonkey said...

Your conversation sounds similar to one I had with my mom today. My Dad couldn't remember if he called me to tell me to go over there tonight or not. He had called, about an hour before. At least your mom knows you're not sick and in the hospital.

I'm not a movie buff, but when I do decide to rent one, I'll keep that movie in mind!

10:15 PM  
Blogger Sherry said...

When hubby's mom got so sick, she would tell her friends that stopped by that she hadn't seen us in weeks. These friends would get so mad and call us and get onto us... We lived next door to her, we seen her everyday! Most days 3 or 4 times a day... She just couldn't rmemember.

7:20 AM  
Blogger Me said...

Looks good, I'll have to check it out!

8:05 AM  
Blogger poody said...

I love Edward Norton too. He is a great character actor like Kevin Spacey or Gary Oldham. I have conversations every day with old folks who can't hear.
here is one from this morning
me: good morning this is Mary can I help you?
pt:who is this?
me: It's Mary can I help you?
pt: hello who is this? This is Gertie are you there?
me: yes ma'm how can I help you? (louder)
pt: If you can hear me I want to know is my nurse coming today?
me: yes ma'm she is coming out after lunch.
pt: huh?
me: (loudly) yes she will be there after lunch!
pt: huh ok well I need to know because I want to lay down and take a nap.
me: (loudly)well go ahead and take a nap she will come after lunch!
pt: what?
me: (louder) I said lay down and take a np!
pt; say what?
me: (LOUD) Lay down and take a nap!
At this point everyone in the buliding I work in has their haed on their desktop!!Gotta love 'em!

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home