Friday, March 16, 2007


My fun visit to the eye doctor....

Wednesday I did something that I hate. I went to the eye doc. I dread it so bad, and put off going. I guess its been about 3 years since I went. My bad. My eyesight is really really bad. People don't believe me for some reason when I say I am blind, I don't know why. But I showed my new Rx to my boss and she was "OH you REALLY are blind"...like why would I lie about that? Anyway, I have been wearing glasses since I was 5 and contacts since I was 15. I had to wear the hard lenses for lenses, and now am wearing the rigid lenses still but they are better then they were. I was always told they don't make soft lenses over a -10 (I am -12.75 in one eye and -16.25 in the other) but now they say coopervision makes some high Rx lenses and I may get to wear soft lenses!!!! How wonderful!!! I would love that,. these hard ones bug me and I can only wear them so long. But the bad news is, I have Cataracts in both eyes now!!! I knew I was having some vision issues and I just thought I needed bifocals (I do though) and it turns out I have cataracts and 46!! I tell you I am aging so fast, its unreal! My dad had cataracts in his 40s, and I told mom on the phone that it would have been nice if he had shared SOME of his medical issues with my brother too LOL instead I got them all!! So while I am excited about soft lenses and I NOT excited about cataract surgery. What next??

Later

5 Comments:

Blogger poody said...

Oh no now what? Will you have surgery for the cataracts??

11:51 AM  
Blogger Angel said...

oooh, that doesn't sound too cool....surgery? on your eyes? Will they knock you out at least? ;)

9:18 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Yes I will have to have surgery but not right away. These things have to get "ripe" first LOL. Whatever that means.

7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm afraid of surgery...any kind.

I'm half blind but I refuse to go to the doctor. I'll just keep running into stuff.

10:03 AM  
Blogger MamaM said...

wow, at least you parents filled you in on medical history. my mom never told me to watch my cholesterol until i had it checked and it was really high. it was an after thought i guess.

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home