Tuesday, August 07, 2007


How hot is it???

108 today and hotter tomorrow. Its 8 pm here and still 93 out there and 84 in here with the a/c running as hard as it can. My dogs are drinking so much water I cant keep the BIG pet water dispenser filled, and remember my dogs are INSIDE. Its inhumane to make an pet stay out in this kind of heat.

Anyway, I am miserable.my hair is up and the clothes are off.

My fasting blood sugar was 121 this morning, the lowest its been but the doc wants me under 100 and I dont see that in sight. But I am plugging along. Tomorrow I am going I am getting a pedicure, that should make the diabetes nurse happy, she harps on footcare.

Oh I am posting this phrase for Mr Fab. Colleen has a sweet ass. I am sure her ass is nice but I think George Clooney's ass is sweeter.

Later

7 Comments:

Blogger Fantastagirl said...

If the nurse harps on footcare then insurance should cover pedicures- don't you think?

It's not been too bad here - only in the upper 90's. we are lucky!

9:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope it cools down for you. I HATE the heat so much. I think 129 is pretty good, getting closer to 100. You have the right attitude,just keep plugging along and don't get too frustrated!!
I do agree that insurance should pay for footcare, but good luck. They are so hard to deal with.
Really enjoy your blog!

11:01 PM  
Blogger BlondeBlogger said...

Heat index was 114 here today and our upstairs unit went on the fritz. :(

Hope those numbers (heat and blood sugar) keep dropping for you!

12:33 AM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

LOL I'm thinking your med insurance should pay for a pedi too!

Your poor pups! I don't do well in the heat AT ALL,I can't imagine how it is for them. I never left Beans outside either. It's amazing how many people were so..offended by that! I just don't see the point to have a dog...that stays outside for most of it's life. There are dogs here who've NEVER seen the inside of a house. Like what the hell? And you're totally right,it IS inhumane to make a pet stay outside in this heat. Hopefully your heat wave doesn't last long:)

6:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree Mel! George's butt is much better!

6:03 PM  
Blogger MommaMonkey said...

Stay cool! It's been miserable around here too!

11:39 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

I think with the heat index, it is about 108 here. It's been pretty miserable. Normally it seems like we get rain all summer, but we have barely had any.

I read through the other posts, and I think the disability is a good thing to pursue. I know it isn't what you want, but if it helps you to feel better in the long run, that is the most important thing.

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home