Sunday, August 05, 2007


Slacker cats!!!!! and the 500Th post.

I was watching Fallen yesterday on the family channel and saw a commercial for a new show called Slacker cats! I hope my friend Jen (ok I say she is my friend because she is the coolest cat ever and I want to be cool by association) got credit for this idea because she has been posting about her slacker cats for years! I hope this show is good. Fallen was pretty good, not as good as Buffy but then not much is.

The doctor was not thrilled with my blood sugar numbers and has upped my meds. I lost 6 lbs in the month since I was diagnosed so she was happy with that. For me to lose weight is awesome. It used to be so easy to lose weight, I am not sure if its my age or the heart drugs I am on but Its really hard. I don't get allot of exercise because of my legs but I try do do what I can. Yesterday I walked around TJ Maxx with a shopping cart, walked the whole store but I hate shopping and I hate crowds so I didn't last very long. It is tax free weekend here and the stores are JAMMED. I did buy a cute new bag, I'll save that pic for another post.

Its so damned hot here, over 100 with high humidity and the weather people say its dangerous heat for the next 6 days. My body with all its diseases does not do well in this heat. Its worse for hubby though, I don't think his Canadian body will ever adjust to high heat like this. He has been irritable and snippy. At least he goes back on night shift soon so it wont be too bad working.

Fasting blood sugar today 149

Later

6 Comments:

Blogger Cupcake Blonde said...

Is it a cartoon I assume? Might have to check that one out. Although I can't relate. My cats are anything but slackers.

Haven't heard of Fallon...a new show I suspect. I am so behind on EVERYTHING it is embarassing. The Princess of all media is going to get dethroned if I don't catch up. But I loved Buffy. Hard to ever replace that one.

11:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thought about checking "Fallen" out but I fell asleep and was dead to the world for over 8 hours....finally.

Love that new bike a couple of posts down. Ya'll gonna let me ride it??

Stay out of the heat Mel!

11:27 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

OMG

I should receive some cash for this!!
they stole my slacker cat idea
OR they should at least have travis
on the show!

=)

11:40 AM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Congrats on the weight loss!

That show looks really cute.

I can't wait to see your new bag.
I've been strangely attracted to bags lately,even though I never carry one..

2:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm the coolest cat. Not Jen. Everyone says so. 4 out of 5 people asked say so, as well. I've seen the report.

8:10 PM  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

Congratulations on your 500th post Mel!
The writers of Slacker Cats, Kevin Cecil and Andy Riley. have a good pedigree. Their latest credits include the UK sci-fi series, Hyperdrive, which is one of my favs.

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home