Saturday, September 08, 2007


I have been DECLINED :)

So I was denied Disability. But get this, they didn't even ask me about my medical problems or my history or any medical questions at all! LOL I don't get it. But its OK, I wasn't completely sure I wanted to do that anyway so its a sign. But I have gone through one denial, I can reapply when/if my condition gets worse and I wont have to start over, since this one is on the books. They denied me QUICK too. LOL its just like Health insurance, they deny claims quicker than they pay them.

The doctor was very pleased with my blood sugar numbers even though they aren't as low as she would have liked. They stay between 110-145 and she says that's great compared where we started at (around 300) so yeah me. Now I would KILL for a regular coke though and did treat myself to 4 ounces a few days ago. It was SOOO good. I will never get used to diet soda!

I have a CT scan scheduled for Tuesday, I thought I had another kidney infection but the doc thinks it may be a kidney stone. I don't have any infection but there is alot of blood in my pee. (TMI maybe??) and it hurts like a mother! My dad had kidney stones for years.

Hubby is off today and we are going to go out riding the Wing! I haven't been in 2 weeks. My side really hurts but am not letting that stop me, I have taken some Tylenol and if it gets really bad I will break out the ultram, but I am going! I will take the camera.

Later

7 Comments:

Blogger Fantastagirl said...

I hope you have a great day - take a lot of pics and enjoy the ride!

12:50 PM  
Blogger Angel said...

you don't like diet Coke? Man, I LOVE that stuff...

denied? losers

1:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As someone who has disability, which took TWO YEARS to get approved, I have some sage advice for you:

Appeal - don't wait until you get worse. Appeal it right now.

70% of all SSDI claims are denied first time through. This is a fact.

Get a lawyer who specializes in SSDI claims. It won't cost you a single DIME. They take the case on contingency - if you don't get paid, they don't get paid.

SSDI (when approved) pays you retroactively to the date you first applied if you appeal.

When I finally got my first check, it was for 2.5 years. It was over $10,000. I am not kidding.

Your lawyer can only take a specific amount as dictated by law. It will be a good hunk of moola, but a lawyer can get for you what you can't get for yourself. Especially someone who specializes in SSDI claims. They KNOW their stuff.

I am begging you not to give up. Appeal. Soc. Sec. makes this process very, very difficult because they know that more than half the people who are initially denied - give up.

Don't give up. You have earned this through paying your taxes and working. It's not a handout.

Okay, I'm done begging. Trust me.

5:38 PM  
Blogger Cupcake Blonde said...

I agree with teebopop, appal right now. I know someone who works in that field and they almost always deny you at first. Appeal appeal appeal!

I think you have to have always drunk diet coke to like the taste. If you start with regular coke the diet will always be nasty. Just my opinion.

Blood in your pee pee...my dear, that does not sound good. Was your doctor at all concerned about that?

12:07 AM  
Blogger buffalodick said...

Diet pop is like margarine- it tastes like crap at first, but if you stick with it, regular pop is too sweet. Try Diet-Canada Dry, Dr Pepper, Vernors, and Ruby Red Squirt. It's a start...

8:59 AM  
Blogger BlondeBlogger said...

I've tried many times to encourage my husband to apply for disability and he said that it's just too hard to get approved. I see now that he was right, unfortunately. :( I'm so sorry!

4:21 AM  
Blogger poody said...

my brother is having the same problems but he ws told by the people at the place you file for disability that you get denied 3 times before they will accept so reapply again and again. RAt Bastards!

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home