Monday, August 27, 2007



Season Finales...

Last night was a big night with the season finales of Army Wives and Big Love. I watched them both and here is my review :)

Army wives was not that great. It used an ending that used to work in the 80's (Dallas, Dynasty) but is trite and overdone in 2007. All the wives (except the Redhead, cant remember her name) were at the bar off base where Roxy works and an army guy had grenades and other bomb-type things duck taped to him steps into the bar. As his fingers flex on the detonator the screen goes white. Ho hum. I did tear up when the husbands deployed though, that just sad to be without your spouse for years. I don't know how real army wives (and husbands) do it, my hats are off to you ladies!

Big love was excellent, brilliant! It tied up some lose ends but left others hanging. I love ole Roman, I am glad they didn't kill him. Harry Dean Stanton is wonderful and Mary Kay Place (mary hartman, mary hartman...who remembers her on that show??) is always good but is exceptional in this show. "I am technically the 6th wife but I might as well as be first" Great line there! I love the story line of Nicki getting addicted to gambling too. Its funny to see her in the demure clothes of the compound at the bingo place.

Anyway, I wasted 2 hours on TV last night, what did you do???

Later

9 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Big love kicked ass
I love that show!

Alby.. that bastard!

9:35 PM  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

Hate Alby - he is such a bastard!

WTH with the Army wives - what kind of ending is that? I thought it sucked. I teared up over the hubby's deploying too - I can only imagine what the real life military wives lives are like...

10:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I ain't seen either one of them shows...

I was on a train all freakin' night last night so yeah, I wasted a few hours too ;)

8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't remember Mary Hartman. Well, I remember but didn't watch. I wasn't allowed. Not that it mattered much, I still turned out the way I did...

2:08 PM  
Blogger joe said...

Wow, that's too bad.. (you know, turning out the way you did).

2:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go to your room....

2:11 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

I have been gaming. Is TV starting up again?

4:59 PM  
Blogger Me said...

My Hubby's good friend just left for Iraq for 15 months. This was 3 days after his first baby was born to he and his wife. I have no idea how SHE is doing it!

11:35 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Dick Mary Hartman was such a great show! Its a classic!

I just wanna smack that smirk right off Alby's face!

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home