Tuesday, August 28, 2007


Reconnecting.....or not.

I've been kinda bummed out lately. I posted a while ago that I finally located my best friend from college (after a couple of years of trying). I had these grand visions that things would be like they used to be although long distance. Lots of emails and phone calls and someone I can really talk to. But it just has not happened. We exchanged a couple of emails and now nothing. I am really disappointed. I might try to call her one more time.

Then I found 2 old friends from high school on Myspace. We weren't that close though but we knew each other pretty well back then. Not BFFs or anything but still. I kinda had a crush on one of the guys back then. Anyway, I found them and messaged them and requested they add me as a friend. They did add me but no response from the messages, no comments or anything!

THEN my best friend here and now has cancelled on me for the last time. We make plans and then something better comes along and she cancels. We were supposed to have lunch Monday after my doctor appointment and she did not even call me to cancel. I called her on my way to the Doc and she told me then that her aunt was coming over. Hello...we made these plans a couple of weeks ago!!! I just hate that. So I have decided not to call her or make plans with her. Eventually she will call me, I wonder if she will even notice that I stopped calling. Now we usually talk to each other daily.

Anyway I am just kinda depressed and work is sucky too. The hard drive went in my computer and I have to work at a small workstation where there is no room to even swing a cat (that's my mom's expression and I like that one, not that I would EVER swing a cat mind you, please don't call PETA on me!!) and I don't have my comfort zone at work. Its horrible, and we don't have in house IT people we have to order the hard drive and then when it comes we can schedule a service call with our software provider. In other words, who knows when it will be fixed! My boss has been in a bad mood too and that effects all of us.

Oh I read that Scott Baio is going to be a father. Sorry Amy!

Anyway, that's my sad tale. I know its sounds like I am having a pity party but I am not really. Honest. Whatever.

Later

10 Comments:

Blogger buffalodick said...

I don't talk to enough people happy at work to bother with. It seems like America has gotten so profit driven, and so politically correct, that enjoying your job is becoming a crime.

5:41 PM  
Blogger Jose said...

You know, once I located one of my best buddies actually he was one of my sponsors at my wedding and gave him a call. I trully expected to hear some sort of like hey how you doing and I miss the old days but nope, he had gotten married too and apparently moved on with his life. That was the last time I called him, we just couldn't reconect. Some people do change drastically.

7:29 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Yes, you are right Jose. It sucks though.

7:40 PM  
Blogger The Ferryman said...

Yeah, I think it is hard to connect with the old days...

I don't even try anymore.

6:35 AM  
Blogger Lynda said...

Sounds like your current BFF needs a calendar.

I am sorry things are bringing you down. Maybe they just don't know what to say. I always find it awkward when I see someone from high school.

12:28 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

Oh, and I am SO calling PETA on you! LOL

12:29 PM  
Blogger Teri said...

That's horrible about the friends. I always say that if they can ditch you that easily they must not be true blue.

It'll get better, you're just having some "off" time.

I'm the same as other folks, I don't try to get in touch with folks from the past. The same thing happens to me and it's not worth it.

10:24 PM  
Blogger Cupcake Blonde said...

I think work just sucks all around for everyone. Or maybe it feels that way because I hate my job so much.

I am sorry you have been down lately. I hope my bad vibes did not infect you. I hate bringing people down.

7:09 PM  
Blogger poody said...

I love Big Love for sure!

4:26 PM  
Blogger poody said...

Hey! I thought I was your best friend!

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home